6" Superlift -reality or myth?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

robbtodd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by robbtodd »

Whats the latest news for the 6" super lift? Do they have it listed in their catalog?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Truck will be complete this week

Post by KCustom »

I will be picking my truck up on Friday!!!!!!!!! The lift is being completed this week. Will have some new wheels, KMC XD Enduros 17 x 9 5" back spacing. I will post pictures very soon...
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
robbtodd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by robbtodd »

Thats Great! Make sure to send pictures! Can you give me the low down on some of the items you added to your truck. Powerdyne S/C, JBA Headers, CAI. I am not hip to the Slang yet. :D
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Powerdyne s/c = Powerdyyne supercharger he plans on adding.

JBA Headers = exhaust headers for his truck.

CAI = Cold Air Intake, an specially modified intake to allow cooler air to be gotten to make more power.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Plans

Post by KCustom »

The plan is to install the Supercharger, prerunner bar,fog lights,bed mount spare tire carrier, new brake rotors,CAI,Headers, and cat back before the S-Series National meet and to be in KS for the show the weekend of the 18th.....
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

uh..wow :shock:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

install

Post by KCustom »

I have been collecting the parts for the truck for over a year....cant wait to finaly get it finished. The last thing is get the fender flares finished. I will post pictures of the flares as soon as they are complete. I am hoping to be able to have sets for sale by the end of July...
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

:shock: :shock: :D SWEET cant wait to see how it turns out :D
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
Hoss Lanier

FYI

Post by Hoss Lanier »

The lift is being worked on, hang in there guys. It will happen.....

Hoss Lanier
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

we have truck back... will add pics.. asap...
Hoss Lanier

pics

Post by Hoss Lanier »

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jay-Bird wrote:we have truck back... will add pics.. asap...
Looks good !

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Hoss Lanier

Post by Hoss Lanier »

Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

What wheels (offset) and tires are you running? Looks good.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
Hoss Lanier

Post by Hoss Lanier »

american racing atlis 660 chrome 3.5" back spacing.. dueler a/t D693 with uni-t 31x10.50x15
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

holy cow and I was getting ready to sale my 03 crew cab. Ive been every where but here luckily someone saw my post and pointed me this direction. Let the mods begin. This is a good crew cab forum. I love the lift on th truck looks great. Oh yeah newbie here. Sorry for the ranting just excited to see a lift for the zr5.
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Welcome

Post by KCustom »

Welcome to the site....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Almost finished......

Post by KCustom »

here are some shots of the truck and the built in Boost gauge in the center console...
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

KC with just the new SL whats the biggest size tire i would be able to go with?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

tire size...

Post by KCustom »

I woudl say 32".........if you want to really get out and pound the truck. 33" if you want to look good and do some wheeling.....Take a look at Hoses turck on the site I believe he is drining 31.5s and is moving around the suspension pretty good....With cut-outs and the SL You could easly run 33" and with a bl 35s....
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

Oh ok, i was hoping to put 33's on there. Wow, the possibility of 35's on my truck sounds awesome. Would a shop put both a Body lift and a suspension lift on? I heard that shops wont mix lifts. Plus, to run 33's or even 35's what gears would i have to swap too?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Can't imagine why not....

Post by KCustom »

I can not imagine why a shop would not put on both......On the gears, I am going to go to 4.56.....It will be after the first of the year before I can swing it....
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

What gears do you have now?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

gears...

Post by KCustom »

I have 3.73 with a factory locking diff.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Shweeettt!!!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

heyspike wrote:It's absolutely amazing what you can find on the web. I have been searching for a lift for my 2001 Crew Cab, and I stumbled onto this site! WOW it's great. You guys got some great looking trucks out there. OBTW, I called Superlift on Friday, and they told me they were working on a 6" lift due out in the spring. Looking forward to talking to you all.
John.
first off, welcome to the site, second off, everybody gets different dates on the actual date you can actually purchase your very own 6in lift, i was told by the years end, you were told spring, i really dont like the sound of spring, i much prefer the projected date of Oct 19 as KCustom has given us, i don't know who you talked to but there dates are confused, either that or there season's, haha, i honestly believe KCustom's date is gonna be real close, maybe not dead on, but you should expect to be able to purchase by years end. if you dont want to wait you can use the Trail Master 5in lift, but if i were you i would wait till the super lift came out, it has had some really nice reviews from those lucky enough to have driven them, or happen to have them on there trucks :poke: KCustom :lol: :lol:
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

Maximous wrote:
heyspike wrote:It's absolutely amazing what you can find on the web. I have been searching for a lift for my 2001 Crew Cab, and I stumbled onto this site! WOW it's great. You guys got some great looking trucks out there. OBTW, I called Superlift on Friday, and they told me they were working on a 6" lift due out in the spring. Looking forward to talking to you all.
John.
first off, welcome to the site, second off, everybody gets different dates on the actual date you can actually purchase your very own 6in lift, i was told by the years end, you were told spring, i really dont like the sound of spring, i much prefer the projected date of Oct 19 as KCustom has given us, i don't know who you talked to but there dates are confused, either that or there season's, haha, i honestly believe KCustom's date is gonna be real close, maybe not dead on, but you should expect to be able to purchase by years end. if you dont want to wait you can use the Trail Master 5in lift, but if i were you i would wait till the super lift came out, it has had some really nice reviews from those lucky enough to have driven them, or happen to have them on there trucks :poke: KCustom :lol: :lol:
just lucky I guess..... :wink: and Spike welcome to the the site...
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Some shots of the rear....

Post by KCustom »

some shots of the rear end....
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

ahh KC.. good news... ive just been offered a full scholarship to play football at Towson University in Maryland. My parents told me if I ever got a scholarship for football theyd let me get whatever I wanted (car)..... so I think ill get that 6 inch SL and a 2 inch Pa body lift and some 35's since money isnt an issue for me anymore and maybe the powerdyne SC.. and does anybody hear 69 camaro rs/ss???
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

:D :D :D
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

oh and im going to play left offensive tackle if anyone is interested ..lol.... right now in senior year of high school im 6'5" 275lbs.... max bench is 325....they tell me ill be 310lbs and benching 425 by the time im a sophmore in college.... im pumped!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Coda wrote:... ive just been offered a full scholarship to play football...
Congrats! :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

Congrats!!!!!!!! :wink: