Bad_Azz and Warn

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bad_Azz and Warn

Post by BowtieZR5 »

Bad_Azz and Warn...
what kits do the two of you have on your CCs? and where can i get them? or is it all custom?

ya ya ya i know im a newbie
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

custom...where are you...give me 10k and i will do it for you :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

well warn is completly custom he did a solid front axle in front and removed all the IFS.. . and I have no idea who Bad_azz is oh you are talking about the silver truck.. I think he did the same thing to his truck.. ..
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

a2b wrote:custom...where are you...give me 10k and i will do it for you :D
He doesn't want BOOTY FAB Hobie :moon:
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Bad_Azz and Warn

Post by Warnoffroad »

BowtieZR5 wrote:Bad_Azz and Warn...
what kits do the two of you have on your CCs? and where can i get them? or is it all custom?

ya ya ya i know im a newbie
everything from the doors down on my truck is 100% custom, and about 11 weeks worth of work. bada$$ is the same only with out the second t-case
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BowtieZR5 »

how much would it cost for a custom job and would i have to do it all in one session or could i do part by part. i don't do much off-roading but want the look of it. in the little bit of off-roading i've done i've noticed that i need more clearance. im in fort worth texas for those asking.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

BowtieZR5 wrote:how much would it cost for a custom job and would i have to do it all in one session or could i do part by part. i don't do much off-roading but want the look of it. in the little bit of off-roading i've done i've noticed that i need more clearance. im in fort worth texas for those asking.
6k at least..........and yes it can be done for less, but you have to do it yourself or like warn, he had a shop hook him up
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Let's put it this way:

So far I've bought a really nice air compressor, plasma cutter, mig welder and both a Dana 44 front and Ford 9" rear plus a bunch of other tools and have barely hit the $3000 range. I figure the front springs, blocks for the rear, misc steering, driveshafts and the bulk steel to make the brackets might run another $500-700. There is a ton of info on the S-10 Extremist site on how to make all the spring mounts. etc. When I'm done, I should have about 10-12" of lift and 36's or even bigger tires if I wanted. Now admitedly my axles are gonna cost a lot more when I'm done because I want ARB air lockers front and rear, stronger aftermarket axles and 4.88 gears which is going to raise the cost but I'm still not going to hit that $6k mark. If you figure the satisfaction of knowing you did the work yourself plus having the new tools to use for the next project, it's really a bargain.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

BowtieZR5 wrote:how much would it cost for a custom job and would i have to do it all in one session or could i do part by part. i don't do much off-roading but want the look of it. in the little bit of off-roading i've done i've noticed that i need more clearance. im in fort worth texas for those asking.
or save your self some time and buy my truck :wink: its still for sale
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

just wondering.. thats all how much do u want for it now that you got all the work done did?
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Warnoffroad wrote:
or save your self some time and buy my truck :wink: its still for sale
2bunik wrote:just wondering.. thats all how much do u want for it now that you got all the work done did?
And this is another way to get a lifted truck. Whatever works! :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

GaryH wrote:Let's put it this way:
I'm done because I want ARB air lockers front and rear, stronger aftermarket axles and 4.88 gears which is going to raise the cost but I'm still not going to hit that $6k mark. .

wanna bet??? :wink:

(2) arb's = 1300 bucks

compressor for arb's... 150....

that right there you are over 4.....

and what about the ever famous tires and rims???????? that can be 2grand easy...winch, lights, switches and chromoly 35 spline dana 44 axels aint cheap......

keep hitting the junkyard for steering boxes, pitman arms, links and what not. all that little stuff adds up hella quickly...make your own hysteer kit and bumpers and stuff.....

driveshafts....are you going to make them yourself? that will set you back a grand for front and rear shafts, depending on the circumstances......

seats??? are you going to put some saftey seats in case of the rolll?????????

the cheapest prp seat 150 bucks...then you need harness...cheap ones 100 bucks...do you have a tube bender to make your own exo? 800 bucks with dies...300 in tube to make the exo.....

when i think of more i will be back :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

a2b wrote:
GaryH wrote:Let's put it this way:
I'm done because I want ARB air lockers front and rear, stronger aftermarket axles and 4.88 gears which is going to raise the cost but I'm still not going to hit that $6k mark. .

wanna bet??? :wink:

(2) arb's = 1300 bucks

compressor for arb's... 150....

that right there you are over 4.....

and what about the ever famous tires and rims???????? that can be 2grand easy...winch, lights, switches and chromoly 35 spline dana 44 axels aint cheap......

keep hitting the junkyard for steering boxes, pitman arms, links and what not. all that little stuff adds up hella quickly...make your own hysteer kit and bumpers and stuff.....

driveshafts....are you going to make them yourself? that will set you back a grand for front and rear shafts, depending on the circumstances......

seats??? are you going to put some saftey seats in case of the rolll?????????

the cheapest prp seat 150 bucks...then you need harness...cheap ones 100 bucks...do you have a tube bender to make your own exo? 800 bucks with dies...300 in tube to make the exo.....

when i think of more i will be back :lol:

Ok, I worded it wrong (nothing new). What I should have said was I would be below the $6k mark if it weren't for the ARB's, etc, but I was trying to make the point that for a lifted truck that rarely goes off road, it wouldn't cost that much. And you're right about wheels and tires. I did forget to add that in. Hard to think when you have a hyperactive 4 year old running around wrecking the place. My truck is not going to be a low buck project. The wife said I can do one more project car and that's it so make it a good one and I am. I'm also planning to fix the body, custom paint and interior, the V8 which will be about as tricked out as I can get and still pass emissions. What little 4 wheeling this thing will actually see won't really be that much. Mostly dirt fire trails and the occasional mud hole. We just don't have that much for trails around here. At least not that I've seen anyway. The Blazer is probably going to spend more time at the local Burger King on Saturday night along with the rest of the weekend show stuff. I basically planning on spending about $10-20 grand or so on this thing and yeah, I know. I'm nuts!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya, your right. you can sfa it pretty cheap if you do it yourself. pick up some used 35's off of the internet and just get a stock 44 or 30 and dont lock it and walla...sfa :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Funny thing is I think about what I said about my Blazer spending most of it's time on the "burger lot show circuit" and wonder why I'm bothering with ARB's and such. I figure why not? For the few trips it does make off road, it will be almost unstoppable. Besides, every once in a while we get some pretty nasty snows around here in the winter.
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:shock: Wow you must have the worst place for snow in the world . :shock:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

2bunik wrote::shock: Wow you must have the worst place for snow in the world . :shock:
No. Just the most incompetent snow removal people. Just kidding (or maybe not?). The Washington DC area is kind of interesting in the winter. We get 2 inches of snow and the whole place goes nuts and shuts down. I swear when it comes to winter, this area is the laughing stock of the rest of the country. But seriously, every 5 or 6 years or so we do get one of those 2 to 3 foot snowstorms and I live out in the boonies where they never seem to plow the roads.

I'm just going to build the Blazer total overkill because I figure I'd rather do it "right" the first time instead of getting out on a trail, getting stuck and hating myself for not installing the ARB's and I'd just spend more money redoing it.
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

GaryH wrote:Funny thing is I think about what I said about my Blazer spending most of it's time on the "burger lot show circuit" and wonder why I'm bothering with ARB's and such. I figure why not? For the few trips it does make off road, it will be almost unstoppable. Besides, every once in a while we get some pretty nasty snows around here in the winter.
:shock: :shock: I'm origonally from Northern Michigan and I know that the snow is far worse than VA and we never have a use for lockers unless we are running trails in the snow.

I'd scrap the arb idea for now and do them down the road if you feel that you need them
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

jarhead wrote:
GaryH wrote:Funny thing is I think about what I said about my Blazer spending most of it's time on the "burger lot show circuit" and wonder why I'm bothering with ARB's and such. I figure why not? For the few trips it does make off road, it will be almost unstoppable. Besides, every once in a while we get some pretty nasty snows around here in the winter.
:shock: :shock: I'm origonally from Northern Michigan and I know that the snow is far worse than VA and we never have a use for lockers unless we are running trails in the snow.

I'd scrap the arb idea for now and do them down the road if you feel that you need them
Why? Sure I'm gonna spend probably $1500 on the ARB setup for both the front and rear but it's easier to do it now while I'm getting the axles built than later when it's all together. I have a $20k budget for this monster although I hope it doesn't cost me that much. Besides, I'm not really doing it for the snow. When it snows around here, I don't go anywhere. Too many idiot yuppies in their SUV's who think they can drive in the stuff like it's dry pavement. I'd rather stay home where it's safe. I will be taking this thing off road occasionally and while most of the wheeling isn't that bad, I do know a few spots where lockers are a must. There are some tougher trails I might do now that I would have never considered before with my Crewcab.
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

GaryH wrote:
jarhead wrote:

Why? Sure I'm gonna spend probably $1500 on the ARB setup for both the front and rear but it's easier to do it now while I'm getting the axles built than later when it's all together. I have a $20k budget for this monster although I hope it doesn't cost me that much. Besides, I'm not really doing it for the snow. When it snows around here, I don't go anywhere. Too many idiot yuppies in their SUV's who think they can drive in the stuff like it's dry pavement. I'd rather stay home where it's safe. I will be taking this thing off road occasionally and while most of the wheeling isn't that bad, I do know a few spots where lockers are a must. There are some tougher trails I might do now that I would have never considered before with my Crewcab.

Also, I there is a certain loud-mouth with an early Ford Bronco that I know that really p***ed me off on the last 4wheeling trip I was on and I want to shut him up. Somebody has to uphold Chevy's honor!

:shock: Shoot if you have a 20k budget you should go all out. You can build one heck of a blazer for 20k you could even put dana 60's in it and not worry about breaking axles near as much and throw in a super charger, Crossover stearing, hydraulic assist, all kinds of cool gadgets :D
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Well, $20k is the absolute max I can go and I would prefer it not get that expensive. I'm trying to think of that last $5k or so as a buffer for the unexpected. Besides the suspension and all, there's still the V8 swap and the body and paint work. I was going to do Dana 60's but finding them around my area is pretty tough. I settled for the Dana 44/ Ford 9" combo because they seemed reasonable and because I'll probably never go rock climbing in Moab!
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

and this is all going on the crew?
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

2bunik wrote:and this is all going on the crew?
No, no, no. '87 S-10 Blazer I bought last year. Wifey won't let me touch the crew.