ford keys

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

amxguy1970
Regular
Regular

ford keys

Post by amxguy1970 »

what are these? i hear about them on full sizes, is there anything like that for our trucks? i saw a before and after pick on a 2500, looked good, about 2-3 inches it looked like, i was just curious, cause i only want a few inches and i am not really wanting to turn the t-bars and i am not a big fan of bodylifts. so if anyone knows what i am talking about with these keys, just let me know. thanks yall!
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Not sure. The only "keys" I know of related to lifting are the torsion bar keys. You can replace the stock ones with ones from Superlift to raise the front a couple inches, but this will ruin your front end eventually.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I just read a post over at the AV board. It appears you can use Fullsize Ford T-bar "keys" to get more t-bar crank lift out of the front end. Seems to be the same thing as the SuperLift keys. Probably does not fit the s10 though.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

only keys I know of ! open your doors. :shock:
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
amxguy1970
Regular
Regular

what happens?

Post by amxguy1970 »

when you say ruin the front end, what will it due? does using these keys do the same thing as just cranking the stock t-bars but to more of a radical lift? i am just looking for a few more inches, and the keys and rear springs sounded real good. but i am a college student and i plan on keeping this truck for a while, so reliability is a big issue for me, i don't want drive axels and cv joints gone in a year or so. so would someone be kind enough to explain to me what this t-bar cranking does in contrast to the keys? and yes, those are exactly what i was talking about azs-10crew. thanks alot guys, yall been alot of help over the last year.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: what happens?

Post by HenryJ »

amxguy1970 wrote:when you say ruin the front end, what will it due? ...
What the keys do is allow you to crank the T-bars beyond the point that you can with the stock keys (indexers, "porkchops").

People are having troubles when they crank the stock keys to the maximum rotation, now imagine adding the Ford keys and turning some more.

Problems: CV's, especially the CV boots due to the severe operating angles for the half-shafts.
Balljoints especially the upper since it will be maxed.
Alignment. I'm not even sure if the upper a-arm would have enough outward adjustment to compensate. I know it is really close to the max. when to stock indexers are maxxed out.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK