6" Superlift -reality or myth?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

update

Post by KCustom »

I talked to Superlift today...Mike said that he would send new picturs of the truck on the ground very soon...He said that the kit is gokng to very trick. He would not tell me but I suspect that it has somthing to do with There new FIT (Frame Intergration Technology)....
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Sounds like it's going to be at least another few years. Something this new will take allot of testing before putting to market. IMO, anyhow. I just wouldn't get all fire up for something soon. But if it is, kewl. Just my thinking on it anyhow, from what I've seen.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:Sounds like it's going to be at least another few years. Something this new will take allot of testing before putting to market. IMO, anyhow. I just wouldn't get all fire up for something soon. But if it is, kewl. Just my thinking on it anyhow, from what I've seen.
i still cant believe they are making it??? there are sooo many new trucks out there, colorado, titan, f-150, tundra crewcab..... subaru baja :lol:

they better not take a few year making it. if they want to sell it, it will have to this year. cuz give the s-10 5 years and i believe that you will see it all over the trail.......because, people will start to take junkers, short bed single cab, and SFA them and tube them out and go. because the 4.3 is like the most popular motor among all buggys and truggys
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

It's already listed for sale in the magazines, so I'd assume that it's a go already.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I can't find the forum on superlift's website. Recently they redid the site....looks like they removed the forum.
I know there are a few of us who asked about a S-10 non ZR-2 lift on it.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:It's already listed for sale in the magazines, so I'd assume that it's a go already.
ya i never saw that mag...did it really say for a s-10 non-zr2?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Everybody's still yapp'n. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:It's already listed for sale in the magazines, so I'd assume that it's a go already.
ya i never saw that mag...did it really say for a s-10 non-zr2?
Yeah...I've got a copy of it at home. It says "New" next to the kit and mentions it for 99-03 Sonoma/S-10 with no mention of ZR2. The kit is $1600.
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

I for one am glad that they are coming out with the kit. It is about time someone came out with a smokin kit for a truck that there are over a half of million units on the road....Just my two cents
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

pictures

Post by KCustom »

I will have new pictures of the pre-production parts in a day or two and will post the pictures of the truck on the ground standing on its own four tires very soon. Keep the faith Superlift will have the kit out soon.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

There is always the SFA kit from Frabritech. :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:There is always the SFA kit from Frabritech. :lol:
true true. with my latest endevor i am not so scared of doing a SFA anymore...not that big of deal......
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
mickm
Regular
Regular

Post by mickm »

Superlift will indeed be releasing a 6" kit for the S-10/Sonoma. It will incorporate the new "F.I.T." series technology, that is raising the bar in suspension lift design.
Initial part design is nearing completion. I cannot give a release date as there is a lot of testing, documentation, and details yet to be completed.
Pictures of any new bracket design cannot be posted (for obvious reasons), but as soon as KCustom's truck in on the ground, I will put up pictures of it.
Thanks for your interest in the S-10 project and Superlift.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

hmmm....an official response? :?:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

mickm wrote:Superlift will indeed be releasing a 6" kit for the S-10/Sonoma. It will incorporate the new "F.I.T." series technology, that is raising the bar in suspension lift design.
Initial part design is nearing completion. I cannot give a release date as there is a lot of testing, documentation, and details yet to be completed.
Pictures of any new bracket design cannot be posted (for obvious reasons), but as soon as KCustom's truck in on the ground, I will put up pictures of it.
ya, can you tell us who you are or is that a secret too.

is someone trying to pull our leg here?

and as i am obviuosly out of the new series technology loop. what does FIT stand for?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

blablabla :roll:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:blablabla :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

reply...

Post by KCustom »

Mike M. is the senior design enginer @ Superlift...I think that is really cool that he took the time to give us a personal update as in most forums the factory people do not usally take the time to give us any information. As for what FIT stands for I believe that it stands for Frame Inergration Technology and the designs are being patiented. I for one welcome Superlift to our Forum and want to thank him for Joining...
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

a2b wrote:and as i am obviuosly out of the new series technology loop. what does FIT stand for?
that was defined above in the post :idea: :P

and i think kcustom meant patented
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Hmm--patiented kinda fits too :-)

Hey Mike -- I'm local here in West Monroe too - If you just want to see if the kit works on a 2000 Blazer -- just gimme a ring :-)

Actually I told Jason Hosak a while back to build me a kit one of these days - his wife and my wife work together.

Thanks for stopping by - btw - any chance you guys are hiring in your marketing/sales departments? :-)
Last edited by adrenalnjunky on Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

mickm wrote:Superlift will indeed be releasing a 6" kit for the S-10/Sonoma. It will incorporate the new "F.I.T." series technology, that is raising the bar in suspension lift design.
mike, welcome to the site. please post some more tech stuff if you can. (ie: sring sizes and rates, tbars relocation, cv-anlges..) i want to know all about the lift and how superlift thinks its better than trailmaster. and can someone please explain F.I.T. to me, or i will have a fit :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

Alright finally I get to the best posts of the night.. I tell you what.. I say let me see some kooter.... I mean pictures..(updated ones) and kooter if you got it.... :)
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

hobie, to answer your questions about the F.I.T. system, I think it's their approach to integrating a lift into a vehicle -- check this link:

http://www.superlift.com/products/chevy/fit.asp

for a description of a F.I.T. system on a different truck - and the truck there happens to belong to the guy I know in the drafting/design department. I like the wheel/tire combo a lot.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
mickm
Regular
Regular

Post by mickm »

I am the lead design engineer for the S-10/Sonoma platform.

Superlift's new "f.rame I.ntegrated T.echnology: utilizes the same technology as the OE's use in designing suspension components that integrate and work with the original suspension design. This allows the suspension to retaining original geometry, whereby handling and ride characteristics are predictable. Many of the issues that have plagued suspension lifts in the past, are removed completely.

I will not address differences between our new kit and TrailMaster's. TrailMaster is a good company with a good product.

Rather, I will present some benefits of our system. But you must understand, there are topics that I cannot cover prior to initial marketing releases.

These are some of the features our kit will exhibit:
1. Extremely minor modifications required to the original frame
2. Correct steering geometry will be retained, drive and axle shaft angles, tie rod end angles, track width, alignment, etc...
3. Very attractive overall appearance, that will complement any vehicle.
4. Attractive Stainless Steel Front brush guard, will be available.
5. Ease of installation due to the interlocking design process.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Superlift engineers do read project related bulletin boards. We strive to deliver the best product available to you, the end user, and your interest and feedback is of great importance.

Thank you for the warm welcome to your site.

Crew Elite, I do not know if we are hiring. If you are interested, in our marketing dept., call and talk with Joey @ 318-397-3000. Good luck
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Extremely minor modifications required to the original frame

Ok, does this mean the kit is easily reversible back to stock if needed? One of the things that has stopped me from lifting my truck has been the cutting of frame mounts, etc, that have made the lift mostly permanent.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

mickm wrote:I am the lead design engineer for the S-10/Sonoma platform....Thank you for the warm welcome to your site.
NO, Thank you for taking valuable time to contribute to our forum :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

GaryH wrote:
Extremely minor modifications required to the original frame

Ok, does this mean the kit is easily reversible back to stock if needed? One of the things that has stopped me from lifting my truck has been the cutting of frame mounts, etc, that have made the lift mostly permanent.
I second that as well. Granted that once the kit is installed, it's pretty unlikely it will be un-installed but some states are planning on new lift laws(NY has a stale one) that will not grand father lifted trucks so that means uninstall might be more of a reality in the future. Plus if you plan on selling the truck, sometimes going back to stock will help sell the truck so keeping the cutting to a minimun helps. Plus with less modding, less issues with warranty issues.

One thing that irked me was most of the fullsize GM lift kits required cutting the Diff which made the lift perm. Plus if you had to get the diff. replaced, you would have to cut it again(esp if it was warranty work). Glad the fullsize kit was redesigned. Good Job SuperLift!

The other thing that irks me is the t-bar drop. Keeping with the stock theme, I understand why this is done. But, if possible, replacing this with say a coil over conversion(like the kit for the Ranger and GM Fullsize from other lift makers) does make this trick, and for us offroaders who need ground clearance would help greatly. Granted you pre-runner guys don't need to worry about breakover angles but say a stage one kit that would keep the t-bars drop down brackets(keep the kit cost down) and a stage two coil over conversion would be really trick.

Since I'm still blabing, it would be great if there was a bolt-on conversion kit for the rear to replace the leaf springs with say a 4/5 link suspension setup with say coil cover shocks in the rear(to match the coil over conversion in front) ;) Def. the cost of the kit would jump, but if you did sell this in stages, people could buy this option later. My Isuzu trooper has a 4link setup in rear and def. it has better traction than my s10 Crew. My crew has alot of axle hop which would be eliminated with a link setup. Traction bars would help leaf springs but those normally eat into ground clearance and break over angle. To justify R&D on this, maybe you could make a kit that not only could work with the lift kit, but make it work with say a lowered s10. New Market for Superlift?!? Also make a 2wd s10 lift kit and this rear kit would work! Fabtech who? ;) If you opened this option for 2 and 4 wheel drive s10s, that alot of potential customers.

Since I'm not going to buy a fullsize truck anymore, I'm def. planning on doing this kit if it's right. The extra options I stated above if available, I would purchase. Maybe you guys could sponsor me in say a mag build up? ;)

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Attractive Stainless Steel Front brush guard, will be available

Def. need pics when you can. I guess I have a good reason why I put off installing my ORI pre-runner bar........ :roll:
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:... I'm def. planning on doing this kit if it's right. ...
blablabla....you still have a garage full of mods that are waiting to be done , since FOREVER... what makes you think you'd actually get this done? ;)

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:
Conman wrote:... I'm def. planning on doing this kit if it's right. ...
blablabla....you still have a garage full of mods that are waiting to be done , since FOREVER... what makes you think you'd actually get this done? ;)

LOL. Well, problem the only reason it will happen cause I won't be installing it! :lol: There is a good shop that can do lifts near me: http://www.rmsoffroad.com

Plus I did install some of the mods(bazooka tube, clear lights, new taillights). Only thing left is the Prerunner bar and the bug guard. Both require drilling which is another irk of mine. Since I was looking to trade up to a fullsize, I did not want to drill. Esp. the Pre-runner bar since it's not a popular look here in NY. So nah nah nah Henry! ;) Is it Friday Yet? :wink:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Hello Mickm! And welcome to the sight! Sounds like you are official, cause you are so diplomatic with you statements! It's great that a major aftermarket company is finally looking at S-10 4x4's, the market for this is greatly lacking. I'm set for now in my mods, but can give you info for others interested that may help with your project. I'm sure you probably already know of them, but just in case. If you make a suspension lift, please make it with the idea of someone actually going "off-road". I have the TM lift, and am greatfull for TM in their design, it's great, but needs some additions for someone like me that off-roads. Some HUGE hinderences that come into play: The tbar drops suck, I've used a "tbar relocator" designed and patented by Realift that is wonderful. Maybe you can work a deal with him to include in your lift. If you already have something like that, make sure you aren't stepping on any of his patents. Also, one thing that you could engineer and if you can, patent, is some way to re-design the anti-sway bar drop. I have some ideas in my head, but don't have the time or the tools to make or re-design it. Right now, I just pull the whole bracket drop for the sway bar totally off when I go off-roading, cause if I don't, I just bang it up on rocks. Anyhow, you can check out my "www" page link to see. I know all this would add costs, but maybe these options can be added to the lift at extra cost of course. Cause I know there are some people out there that don't give a hoot about the functionality of it and just want the lift for looks.

Anyhow, it's great to get some input! Good luck with the lift. There are many ppl that are a bit neg (prob mostly me) about any good lift for our trucks, as I lost patience and found ways to do mine that work rather well. But most ppl want something realeased that is actually officially made for our trucks. lol
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

personally i would love to see a company trash our whol IFS system and design a sweet long travel IFS, that would be cool. like ford, the arms could be ran to the other side of the truck for lots of droop :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Screw IFS. I'll go SFA if it all breaks up. IFS is a PITA for alignment. And SFA is sturdy with the right axle.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:Screw IFS. I'll go SFA if it all breaks up. IFS is a PITA for alignment. And SFA is sturdy with the right axle.
oh i know. me too :wink:
speaking of. i see 44's all the time for sale. leafs for sale all the time. when are you going to do SFA????? you have the tools and know how for it. you could pick up a cheap 44, throw an arb in it, then run some waggys and go. then later change rear and stuff like that. but you arent far from a SFA :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

a2b wrote:
quickbiker wrote:Screw IFS. I'll go SFA if it all breaks up. IFS is a PITA for alignment. And SFA is sturdy with the right axle.
oh i know. me too :wink:
speaking of. i see 44's all the time for sale. leafs for sale all the time. when are you going to do SFA????? you have the tools and know how for it. you could pick up a cheap 44, throw an arb in it, then run some waggys and go. then later change rear and stuff like that. but you arent far from a SFA :wink:
Yea, it's all in my head right now. I just can't justify it now. It does great off-road, and hasn't been much of a drain. Only had to replace on CV shaft, and that was only cause a branch busted the boot. Also a front wheel bearing that I have no idea why that went prematurely. But I am hoping it will go a few more years in it's present state. In that time I will have slowly gotten my Camaro in prime restoration shape so that when my front end finally is on it's last leg, I can use it for main transportation while I do SFA. So right now I have a few years to figure out how I am going to keep the ABS operational with SFA. That's the only thing that I see I am going to have to figure out. If I can use the same front knuckle some how with the itegral senser/bearing, then I'm set. Other wise, I'll have to find an SFA settup with ABS senser on it that will work with the GM ABS. If anyone knows how or a source for info, let me know! I only have a few years! :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

if you toss the ABS idea, then there is nothing to work out :lol: and yet it offroads great now, but can you imagine 33's locked up front and rear....it will wheel 5k times better :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Superlift Rules...

Post by KCustom »

Mike M is a class act...I will post pictures of my truck when I get them....
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Superlift Rules...

Post by a2b »

KCustom wrote:Mike M is a class act...I will post pictures of my truck when I get them....
ya i want pics and install directions with pics like pauls tm page. that will make a great page for the site. plus it would be good advertisment for superlift...they need our help :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Socaldave »

Well I plan on keeping my Crewcab for at least another 5-7 years or longer. Especially since I got GM to give me a free 6 year, 100,000 mile GMPP Major Guard extended warranty with zero deductible, and the truck is paid for! When the lift kit becomes reality, I will definitely have one installed. Can't wait till it is available......
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

not to go off topic .. but I got GM to give me the managers special 3yr 36000 mile warranty.. for only 2grand 8) I have nothing to worry about for along time..
thanx Gm..
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

Do we have any pic's of the lift yet?
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

pictures

Post by KCustom »

Not yet, I should have some soon....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

update...

Post by KCustom »

Here is the latest from Superlift..." Initial bracketry design will be completed by tomorrow. I am putting final tweaks on the last parts now
(cosmetic). Patterns will be burnt by the end of the week (hopefully).
I estimate having brackets sometimes middle of next week and test fitting the kit on your truck by weeks end. After testing, the parts will be removed and sent to the powder coaters for finish.
We will be seeing results very soon now." That is the latest information that I recieved today....
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

:shock: :D

SWEET 8) Its about time we got some good news :)
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

Kick'n!!! Can't wait till I c your truck i might go up there this weekend.... If I do I'll take pic's.. I hope that Mike Will still use our truck for local test fitting after yours is done.. I hope that it has a nice skid plate too...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: update...

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:Here is the latest from Superlift..." Initial bracketry ... That is the latest information that I recieved today....
Thanks for keeping us all informed.

Have you thought about contacting their marketing Dept. and arranging a Group Purchase?

Might be a sign of good faith on both sides.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:
KCustom wrote:Here is the latest from Superlift..." Initial bracketry ... That is the latest information that I recieved today....

Have you thought about contacting their marketing Dept. and arranging a Group Purchase?

Maybe they need to sponser someone say on the East Coast....... ;)
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

HenryJ wrote:

Let's see some detailed pics first. This has so far just been alot of hype and words. Blablabla
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Hey Conman I'll rep NJ, you can rep NY.

HenryJ, good idea:
I'm definetly in for a group purchase if this lift ever comes to market.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

Maybe they need to sponser someone say on the East Coast.......
I'll rep the west coast :D
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

group....

Post by KCustom »

I can ask if they would be interested.....I will check into it and see if and when....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

HenryJ wrote:

I have sent an email on the group purchase....I suspect it will have to go to the owner for aproval.....I keep you posted
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

Conman, I agree with you...count me in on one. When do people think they will be available. I asume a couple of months for testing....
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Socaldave »

I am interested in the group purchase as well, and I am going to need tires in the next 6 months. Sure would be nice to do the lift and tires at the same time............!
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

Well I have the local truck here in Louisiana when I get the lift.. Mike said that he will probably use our truck for local fitting after yours is complete.. So I can rep. around here and i'll be going to some of the shows..
keithb2077

Post by keithb2077 »

i dont have a crew cab but the lift will fit by 98 4x4 blazer, right? i would definitely be interested in a group purchase also.
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

KCoutom how much is this whole thing going to cost you???? being that you are a guinea pig?
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:D hopefully nothing :D
us on the other hand is my main concern :x
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

cost...

Post by KCustom »

being that I grew up in Calhoun and that I let them have my truck for 4 months the price is pretty good....The guys at Superlift are the greatest and the designer for the S series platform is one of the best in the business. I sent a request to them on the group purchace...I hope to have an answer back soon. I have some new fender flares that I am working on for the Crew Cab that I will finish when I get my truck back. I will post pictures of them when they are finished. I hope to market them and some other molded parts (fender flares, molded subwoofer enclosures,ect.) under a new company called GrossMotorSportz very soon.
mickm
Regular
Regular

Post by mickm »

Good evening gentlemen,
I have not been able to post due to time restraints at this point in the S-10 project. However, KCustom did post my last letter to him with information regarding current project status. I hope this quenched your thirst briefly.

*Regarding the ability to return the vehicle to stock configuration; this is a topic that has not been finalized as of yet. Taking into consideration the configuration of the new bracket/assembly design, this is definitely a possibility.

*Concerning the minimal amount of OE material requiring removal:
Previous attempts at this platform have required the removal of large amounts of upper control arm mounting bracketry in addition to the fins located on the front differential casing; our new design will not. This affords much stronger assemblies while improving ease of installation significantly.

Superlift did start this project some time back. Due to unfavorable results, from initial testing, the kit was never released for production.
We addressed each of these issues and have now designed a kit that is in keeping with the high standards we strive to maintain.

The new S-10 platform utilizes the same styling, assembly and technology that Superlift is now selling in our latest releases...i.e., Dodge and GM kits. If you go to our website and study these designs, you will understand what we are striving to achieve in this lift.

KCustom did write concerning the group purchase. I have forwarded this email to the appropriate parties. While I cannot give you an answer to this question, I can tell you that the owner of Superlift is all about making our customers happy. So in short, I feel your chances are good.

I appreciate your interest in Superlift and especially the S-10 platform.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: cost...

Post by a2b »

KCustom wrote:being that I grew up in Calhoun and that I let them have my truck for 4 months the price is pretty good.....
4 months and the test truck. i would say they should be paying you. superlift gave JohnG at zr2.com his kit for free since he ran the board at that time, hopeing that others would buy it. and it worked of course. but john did have to install it himself.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

mickm wrote:Good evening gentlemen,
I have not been able to post due to time restraints at this point in the S-10 project. However, KCustom did post my last letter to him with information regarding current project status. I hope this quenched your thirst briefly.

*Regarding the ability to return the vehicle to stock configuration; this is a topic that has not been finalized as of yet. Taking into consideration the configuration of the new bracket/assembly design, this is definitely a possibility.

*Concerning the minimal amount of OE material requiring removal:
Previous attempts at this platform have required the removal of large amounts of upper control arm mounting bracketry in addition to the fins located on the front differential casing; our new design will not. This affords much stronger assemblies while improving ease of installation significantly.

Superlift did start this project some time back. Due to unfavorable results, from initial testing, the kit was never released for production.
We addressed each of these issues and have now designed a kit that is in keeping with the high standards we strive to maintain.

The new S-10 platform utilizes the same styling, assembly and technology that Superlift is now selling in our latest releases...i.e., Dodge and GM kits. If you go to our website and study these designs, you will understand what we are striving to achieve in this lift.

KCustom did write concerning the group purchase. I have forwarded this email to the appropriate parties. While I cannot give you an answer to this question, I can tell you that the owner of Superlift is all about making our customers happy. So in short, I feel your chances are good.

I appreciate your interest in Superlift and especially the S-10 platform.
Thanks for the Update. Returning to stock is a major sticking point for me. Granted the chances of going back to stock is rare, it's the rare cases that someone will go through the trouble of doing it makes this a major reason though.

Thanks,
Conway
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

group buy...

Post by KCustom »

I think that it is really cool that Owner took the time to respond.....

"I am responding to your "group purchase" inquiry sent to Superlift's Mike Martin. You probably know that Superlift's primary method of distribution is through performance warehouses that supply local specialty shops; we do not direct-sell to the public. The potential charge of "favoritism" prevents me from referring you to a particular dealer -- I am sure that you guys understand how this would probably open the proverbial "can of worms". I do offer this guidance... I always like the consumer to try to deal with a local shop, especially when the shop will also be performing the installation; if the shop makes both the lift system sale and the installation sale, the shop has more room to discount. Including tires / wheels yields even more price negotiation room.

For those that are doing their own installation (and those that do not have a preferred dealer or access to a local shop), I suggest that they pool their buying power with one of the numerous Superlift mail-order retailers. The retailer will not mind shipping to the various locations, but I am sure that they will want all of the orders placed at one time. You should be able to realize some savings if 6 or more lifts are purchased at once. Superlift's Preferred Dealer Directory is posted on our website (www.superlift.com). Tell the group that I appreciate their interest and patience (especially yours!); the finished product will be worth the wait! Feel free to post this response on the S-10 forum if you wish."

Thanks,

Bret Lovett,
Superlift President.

I can not speak for all on this forum but I understand the reasons and apriciate you considering our request..
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

:D :D :D 8) :D :D :D

I realy think that it is awsome that the SuperLift is taking the time to visit the site and that the President actualy took the time to make a comment. 8)

Really lookin forward to seein some pics and the finished product :)
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Well...once it's done and definitely going into production, give 4wheelparts or someone national like that a call and get a GP going. I'm sure there's other S-10 owners besides us crew cab people that would benefit from a Superlift GP.
[size=75]Mark
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

How about giving Mike Copeland (LS1 ZR2 from ZR2.com : copeland75@hotmail.com) a shot at the GP?

I'm pretty sure that He is a Superlift dealer, is strarting up a new shop (Diversified Creations), and seems to be a pretty reasonable person from what little internet interaction that I have seen.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

well..... i guess this isnt a popular topic any more..
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:lol:
I am intrested in what kind of price this is gonna have. It is all about money for me.. I am hoping to be first on page three.. :poke:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Another idea for the GP...Kcustom , you're planning to market your own flares, right?

Why don't you get set up as a dealer for superlift and sell those too?

I'm sure you could research a good local shop to do installs for you.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:Another idea for the GP...Kcustom , you're planning to market your own flares, right?

Why don't you get set up as a dealer for superlift and sell those too?

I'm sure you could research a good local shop to do installs for you.
How easy is it to become a SL Dealer? Maybe one of us could become a web dealer.

Cheers,
Con
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I have a feeling superlift could get quite a bit of publicity from us on this kit. Think about it. I believe we are the only s-10 all 4wd forum with a couple of zr2's. Most s-10 forums are for lowered 2wd.... I know you AZ guys are interested..have superlift or some off-road magazine make a phot shoot of the trucks as a "revival of the s-10's". Then our website could get publicity...
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

2bunik wrote::lol:
I am intrested in what kind of price this is gonna have. It is all about money for me.. I am hoping to be first on page three.. :poke:
It was listed in a 4-wheel magazine last month from 4wheelparts for $1600 I think. Not 100% sure it's this lift, but it was a Superlift 6" regular S-10/Sonoma lift with a "New" sign next to it and the price was $1599.
[size=75]Mark
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

a2b wrote:
KCustom wrote:being that I grew up in Calhoun and that I let them have my truck for 4 months the price is pretty good.....
4 months and the test truck. i would say they should be paying you. superlift gave JohnG at zr2.com his kit for free since he ran the board at that time, hopeing that others would buy it. and it worked of course. but john did have to install it himself.
I know where there's a used blue crew sitting on a car lot to use as a test bed :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

adrenalnjunky wrote:
a2b wrote:
I know where there's a used blue crew sitting on a car lot to use as a test bed :-)
With hubcaps. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

actually they got taken off--the truck disappeared from the lot for a week and a half or so, and then it was back without em.

I'm wondering if someone bought it and finally found all the stuff hobie did to it -- or worse, this website :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS