6" Superlift -reality or myth?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

6" Superlift -reality or myth?

Post by NTXCrew »

Split this topic to keep it from being confusing in the TM 5" thread-HJ

Jay, the 6" Superlift designed for the ZR2 is just that- it's designed for the ZR2....sorry, but she ain't gonna fit...... :cry:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

I contacted two different dealers about the Superlift kit for the NON-ZR2 S-10. Here are the two responses I got. Just a Little FYI

Date: Friday, January 02, 2004 11:14:32 AM
To: kttunstill@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Web Comment: 6" Superlift

Hi Tim,

I talked to my sales rep last week about that very issue. Assuming you
are wanting one for the newer model ones. He said that they have been
working on it, but not to hold my breath because it could be a while
until it is available.

Thanks,
Kevin Wyas
kevin@4wheelerssupply.com
http://www.4WheelersSupply.com

Date: Friday, January 02, 2004 1:14:13 PM
To: Tim & Kathy Tunstill
Subject: Re: SUperlift

I just spoke with Superlift. Yes, they are in the slow process of designing the kit you want. They admit to it not happening before fall of this new year. At this time there is no pricing available.

4WheelersSupply.com
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

mark my words: "SUPERLIFT WILL NEVER HAVE A 6" LIFT KIT FOR OUR TRUCKS!"

so let it be written.... :lol:

they have no intrest in our trucks. they will always have that response no matter what you ask them. if you call saying that you want a 6" lift for your 74 rambler; they will say that they are working on it :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

KCustom, a new member here, said on the S10forum website said his truck was at Superlift being used in test fitting......
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

a2b wrote: if you call saying that you want a 6" lift for your 74 rambler; they will say that they are working on it :D
It's about time... I been waiting to lift my Rambler for YEARS
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Crew02 wrote:I contacted two different dealers about the Superlift kit for the NON-ZR2 S-10. Here are the two responses I got. Just a Little FYI

Date: Friday, January 02, 2004 11:14:32 AM
To: kttunstill@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Web Comment: 6" Superlift

Hi Tim,

I talked to my sales rep last week about that very issue. Assuming you
are wanting one for the newer model ones. He said that they have been
working on it, but not to hold my breath because it could be a while
until it is available.

Thanks,
Kevin Wyas
kevin@4wheelerssupply.com
http://www.4WheelersSupply.com

Date: Friday, January 02, 2004 1:14:13 PM
To: Tim & Kathy Tunstill
Subject: Re: SUperlift

I just spoke with Superlift. Yes, they are in the slow process of designing the kit you want. They admit to it not happening before fall of this new year. At this time there is no pricing available.

4WheelersSupply.com
:lol: They said the exact same thing to me 2 years ago! :shock:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Well, in the loosest of terms, I have seen the 6 inch non-ZR2 Superlift kit on an S-10.

You have to remember that I live in the town where Superlift and Skyjacker both have their headquarters. (too bad Trailmaster isn't from around here)

I've met the guy whose truck was used as a prototype test bed about 2 years ago for the non-ZR2 lift, he's since sold the truck, but the truck is still in this area. The guy who owned it now runs an ORI dealership, and focuses more on Jeeps and Fullsizes.

I have an accquaintance that is in Superlift's drafting and design department -- I'll try to get in touch with him this weekend and find out what would be needed for me to get some info from the horse's mouth. But--the kit was in design stage, it's been prototyped. The problem is that I'd have to have $$$ to get them to sell me the parts, and that's something I don't have. Plus 6 inches on top of my 2 inch bodylift would probably sit 33's fine, but not on 3.42's and an open diff. Stock rims wouldn't be usable either, so lifting my truck that much would cost me $1200 in a re-gear, and probably that much in wheels/tires as well.

I'd actually consider taking the Bodylift off and just going with the TM 5" or the mythical Superlift 6 inch kit, and 31's like Paul has.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

see all the people that think they know about superlift relly dont knoe much cause they dont live in northeast louisiana around the dealerships... like skyjacker and superlift.... and is OFI off of Hwy 80 Chris>
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

I got a hold of the guy that NTXCrew had said that Superlift had his truck. It is a crew cab too. :thumb: I don't think I could do without my truck that long though. :shock:

Re: Superlift
quote:

Crew02 wrote on 01-03-2004 11:47 PM:
Have they givin you a time line as when the lift for the NON ZR2 will be ready?

I got an e-mail last week...they said that they were bolting on parts as they were built...I hope in the next 30 days. I do not know how long it will be before they have them 4-sale. I can ask them this week.....

03 Sonoma Crew Cab, getting lifted, 275/70/17 ATs' , 17x8 Centerline Aztecs, Powerdyne SC, Volant CAI,JBA headers, JBA wires, SP Performance Rotors, 2x8" Kicker L7's,650.1SX,400.2SX,Kenwood indash DVD,GPS....
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Jay-Bird wrote:see all the people that think they know about superlift relly dont knoe much cause they dont live in northeast louisiana around the dealerships... like skyjacker and superlift.... and is OFI off of Hwy 80 Chris>
Yeah -- it's right behind my bank -- if you come into town from Calhoun, either on 80 or on I-20You want the Well Road exit, and Keep heading into town on 80. You'll pass that new little strip mall on the left that has the Domino's Pizza in it, and on the right you'll pass a Culp's Auto Repair. Keep on going about a quarter mile and on the right you'll see a new 4 story bank building--there are several buildings bhind that bank and one of em is the ORI. The don't have a lot in stock, they special order most everything, but if you call ahead and ask for Josh, he'll give you prices and how long it'll take him to get it. They make most of their $$$ on installing the stuff, but that's to be expected with a generation of people who can't turn a wrench, but can whip out their credit card and cahrge it with ease!

Me, I'm the other way around. :lol:
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Superlift kit for NON ZR2...

Post by KCustom »

I have pictures of the lift kit in process.....but I do not know how to post them.....[/img]
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Superlift kit for NON ZR2...

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:I have pictures of the lift kit in process.....but I do not know how to post them.....
Read this from the Information Forum: Images

There is also a step-by-step "how-to" for uploading images to the gallery here: Post pics?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

So that is the 6" superlift? I know I hear bad things about them, but I may have gone with it if it was available at the time I did mine. I think half the time it is the shop that is putting it on screws it up, cause with them, time is money. Anyhow, hope it all works out, and we would like a full report! lol. If you need any pics posted, just let me know, and I can slap them on my website. I have unlimited space and access, the server sits right next to me. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Superlift

Post by KCustom »

They are still working on it as you can see....Mike (superlift) tells me that the drive shaft angles (the ones that conect to the front tires) will stay straight when the disign is done (just like the ZR2 kit). I will keep everyone posted on the development progress.
Last edited by KCustom on Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I would think you will really need a Tom Woody front drive shaft after 6".
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

quickbiker wrote:I would think you will really need a Tom Woody front drive shaft after 6".
makes me wonder what highroller did :?:
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

He's not internet junky's like us. So we will never know. :lol:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

KCustom -- is your truck actually down here at Superlift's facility? I have a couple of friends who work there, and I'd like to take a look at the work in progress if possible.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Yes...

Post by KCustom »

Yes it is....
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Yes...

Post by a2b »

KCustom wrote:Yes it is....
i will belive it when i see it for sale in 4wp magazine :P

j/k.... is superlift so bored that they are making a lift for a discontinued truck???
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

They haven't gotten their 2005 F250/350 Superduty with the new IFS front end Ford is going to yet, so they have a little down time :-)

Interested to see if they're working on anything fir the Nissan Titan though - d44 front diff in IFS form?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

it true they're working on a truck form oklahoma and they may want out truck too so they'll have two to try parts on... but it'll be atleast one month before it on the ground... but no more than 2 months.... but i dont know if its going to go into production.... it should... they have the torsion bracket on already... and sum front end stuff.....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

So how does it look?

Post by KCustom »

It is my crew cab that Mike is woking on...it sounds like that you have seen it. I havent gotten any pictures of it this week. So.....How does it look? Thanks
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

yeah it looks good but they have a lot to still do... they have the new torsion bar bracket on the truck and some of the front end pieces on but all of the old front end sus in off on a cart... lol and did you already have a steel brake line on the rear?? well if i go back up there ill try to take my camera and ill take some pictures to post on here....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

That would be great...

Post by KCustom »

I cant wait to get it back, I have several other mods to do to the truck including a powerdyne supercharger and headers. I have a set of bushwacker fender flares for that I am going to fit to the truck. I have seen here that the rear flares do not fit very well so I am going to make a new mold and form a set that fit the truck. I have always loved the product from SuperLift and I know that there will be a lot of people that will be happy that there will be a kit for the non ZR2...THanks again.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

KCustom, What wheel and tire size are you going with, and does your truck have a bodylift?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: That would be great...

Post by Warnoffroad »

KCustom wrote: I have seen here that the rear flares do not fit very well so I am going to make a new mold and form a set that fit the truck.
make more then just 2 flares!!
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Wheel and tire size...

Post by KCustom »

275/70/17 (32.4 tall 10.9 wide acording to goodyear) on 17x8 4.5 back space...I took the tires and wheels down to Superlift so that they could put them on when the lift is complete..
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

rear flares....

Post by KCustom »

I am going to....I can always pull more. It helps to have a vac former in my r&d area... think that I may pull them from .250 abs instead of the .125 that bushwacker uses.
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

body lift

Post by KCustom »

sorry about that...no body lift.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I just read where BFG is making the All Terrain KO in a 20 inch diameter :-) bling!
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

sweet.....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

body lift....

Post by KCustom »

Do you think that I will need one with a 6" lift and that tire size?
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: rear flares....

Post by Warnoffroad »

KCustom wrote:I am going to....I can always pull more. It helps to have a vac former in my r&d area... think that I may pull them from .250 abs instead of the .125 that bushwacker uses.
Sounds good, when do you think you will have them made up? How much do you want for a set? Also are you going to make them a 1.5" wide like Bush, or wider?
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: body lift....

Post by adrenalnjunky »

KCustom wrote:Do you think that I will need one with a 6" lift and that tire size?

Are you referring to the bodylift question?

I'm not sure, depends on how tal the front end really sits after it's all settled and off the rack.

Look at it this way, you'll never know til you try it, and if all you need is 2 more inches, then add the BL -- it's not that expensive, and can be done in a day.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

info...

Post by KCustom »

I spoke with Superlift today...still woking on it...making good progress. Should have new pictures soon....
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Called Superlift today to ask about the Crew at SEMA in Fourwheeler mag. What they stated is they had a truck in the shop and the lift would be trick. I.e. dual shocks, high clear crossmember and new spindles. Price will be around 1500. Hope I did not let the cat out of anybody's bag.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

???

Post by KCustom »

are there any pictures of the crew at SEMA?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Sorry so long to reply...

Post by KCustom »

Sorry so long to get an answer back...I am waiting on my truck to get back...The design of the flares started out simular to Bushwacker but I have mad them wider and added some style..a small detail that starts about half way and continues to the bottom rear add about 3/8th of an inch. It give the part more strength and style. I will fit them when I get my truck back and post some pictures. As far as price I will not know until I get a total on materials. I want to use .250 instead of the .125 the Bushwacker uses and also use a UV inhibitor (Korad coating) It is a coating that is applied when the ABS is manufactured to protect it....
Hoss Lanier

6" Superlift for Crewcab Sonoma/S-10

Post by Hoss Lanier »

I am Jay-bird's Dad. I will tell you all for a fact.. I have been to Superlift, talked to the Tech and the R & D Manager. They have a Crew Cab in the air, with crossmember mounted, Gm sent them some wrong information. They waited 4 weeks for the correct information. They now have it. In the time span that was given, they have taken in another project. Because of time issues it will be within the next 4 weeks (and that was 2 weeks ago) before they can start on it again. So give them time. after all you do not know them to rush it and have a "bad" lift. They will use the truck they have and possibly my truck as a 2nd test truck for the lift. Rome was not built in a day. Could they "rig" a kit, sure, that is not best for them or us as consumers. I do read this forum from time to time. I have an interest in these trucks. I would like nothing more than to see this group become a national group and get some recognition. Since I am at a GMC dealership, I may can help get some notoriety.

Hoss
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

blablabla, it's the same ol line. When the Jeep Liberty came out the first year, a lift also came out that same year and that was a completely new design. It's been 3 years now for the S-10 crew cab with the same ol platform, come on. The money just isn't there for S-10's I guess. :roll:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:blablabla, it's the same ol line. When the Jeep Liberty came out the first year, a lift also came out that same year and that was a completely new design. It's been 3 years now for the S-10 crew cab with the same ol platform, come on. The money just isn't there for S-10's I guess. :roll:

:lol:
paul is always the hard one to convince :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

a2b wrote:
quickbiker wrote:blablabla, it's the same ol line. When the Jeep Liberty came out the first year, a lift also came out that same year and that was a completely new design. It's been 3 years now for the S-10 crew cab with the same ol platform, come on. The money just isn't there for S-10's I guess. :roll:

:lol:
paul is always the hard one to convince :lol:
Yeah.....and by the way (as someone forgot :roll: )...WELCOME! :lol:
-Jim
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:oops: I didn't notice the newbeeness. We need a big siren next to the name for newbees. :lol:

Welcome!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote::oops: I didn't notice the newbeeness. We need a big siren next to the name for newbees. :lol:

Welcome!
:alert: Welcome :alert:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

4wheel parts has an advertisement for superlift 6" 98-02 S-10/Blazer for $1599.99 Is this the same lift?
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

24digger wrote:4wheel parts has an advertisement for superlift 6" 98-02 S-10/Blazer for $1599.99 Is this the same lift?
That's probably the ZR2 only one.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I dont see it..I only see the zr2 6" kit for $1519
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

When are the pictures comin? I hear lots of talk about it "being" in the shop but no pics....lets seem em... :shock:
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

They were in this thread--appears they have disappeared and been replaced with the "Red X of Doom!"

Fixed the linked images-HJ
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

I just got their mag yesterday and it says New beside it.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Is this kit going to be completely bolt on? Or is it going to require cutting & welding like the TM?
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

ludwis wrote:Is this kit going to be completely bolt on? Or is it going to require cutting & welding like the TM?

If the rumor of new spindles is true, that would mean there probably won't be a top a-arm drop(like on the trailmaster and TM kits) which those kits needs to grind down those pieces. Minus that, probably you still need to rework the exhaust, but atleast that's not the frame pieces.

We will see.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

so where's the lift???? and where is the magazine with it advertised????
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

blablabla, just more jibberish! :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:blablabla, just more jibberish! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Image Image
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Maybe you can see it better here. Image
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

After next week they're going to start back on it.. Because they're in the middle of another project and they will start back on the cc after next week.... I'll get pix when i can....
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

24digger wrote:Image Image
I know that Truck on the front cover. It's an Isuzu Amigo with a SAS conversion. I did not get my mag yet. Can't wait to see what they say.

Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Ijust read the article in my issue--it's got a almost stock v6, but the axles are Dana 70 out back and 60 up front.

One thing I did find interesting is that those Amigos had a Dana 44 in the rear stock. have to keep that in mind when searching wreckingyards.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Ijust read the article in my issue--it's got a almost stock v6, but the axles are Dana 70 out back and 60 up front.

One thing I did find interesting is that those Amigos had a Dana 44 in the rear stock. have to keep that in mind when searching wreckingyards.
The Stock is a D44 but modified so the internals are not exactly the same as a standard D44. But there alot of aftermarket stuff for that axle though anyway plus disc brakes too.

Here are some more pics from his homepage:
http://www.mjw.com/amigo/index.shtml

Con
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

Any more updates?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

updates

Post by KCustom »

I spoke with Superlift on Monday....Still working on it. Should have some new pictures soon. From what here this should be one of the best kits on the market when it is done. I will post the pictures as soon as I have them.

Thanks
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: updates

Post by Conman »

KCustom wrote:I spoke with Superlift on Monday....Still working on it. Should have some new pictures soon. From what here this should be one of the best kits on the market when it is done. I will post the pictures as soon as I have them.

Thanks
So far it sounds good too. Would be nice if it was a coil-over converstion as well like this kit for the fullsize: http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/chevy_gmc_1500.html

See if Superlift needs another crew for "testing" as I'll love to get their kit for very cheap! ;)

Con
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Just was browsing Superlift's site and noticed they are refreshing alot of their kits. It appears they redid their fullsize GM kit with this new one with new spindles: http://www.superlift.com/products/chevy/fit.asp

They still sell the old kit but the new one does not require cutting the diff. like the old kit did. Plus the new kit is reversable so it can be brought back to stock. A plus.

This is a good thing as if this s10 kit does come out, this will be better designed than the current ZR2 Lift is now if they follow the same design as the newer fullsize kit!

Cheers,
Con
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

That be great, but I don't think a new spindle could be used on the s-10, cause of the backspacing of the wheel. There is no room to move the top arm pivot up cause it is just clearing the wheel now inside. Unless they make it manditory to used different BS wheels with the kit, which would be fine by me, if they could recommend a brand, cause we all know how difficult it is to find a wheel the works!
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

quickbiker wrote:That be great, but I don't think a new spindle could be used on the s-10, cause of the backspacing of the wheel. There is no room to move the top arm pivot up cause it is just clearing the wheel now inside. Unless they make it manditory to used different BS wheels with the kit, which would be fine by me, if they could recommend a brand, cause we all know how difficult it is to find a wheel the works!
The new SL kit for fullsize say stock "spare" will fit with the stock size tire. So with the fullsize kit, you need a wheel with less backspacing. This is a downfall for kits with spindles but with less dropping down, does appear to make the kits less flexy though. Looks like all the manufactors are going this way.

My interest in the crew is back as I was turned off by no truely support kit on our rigs. but if this kit comes out for our trucks, I think my money will be better spent on this instead of going to a new truck. Still need to see how our CVs will hold up though.

Con
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SuperLift

Post by KCustom »

Spoke with Superlift this week. Things are going well. Mike asured me that the front shaft angles would remain level so not to put the cv joint in a bind. The new tech that they are using on the new kits will be in the Regular S-Series Kit.....I will have New Pictures to to post next week....
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: SuperLift

Post by Conman »

KCustom wrote:Spoke with Superlift this week. Things are going well. Mike asured me that the front shaft angles would remain level so not to put the cv joint in a bind. The new tech that they are using on the new kits will be in the Regular S-Series Kit.....I will have New Pictures to to post next week....
Very Cool! Can't wait to see the pics. Also findout what backspacing wheels might be needed. Also find out about skid plates. I bought the 3 skid plate kit but have not installed them. I'm assuming the oilpan/engine one won't fit after the lift but the front and transfer might. or maybe they will have their own skid kit which would probably be better.

Con
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SuperLift

Post by KCustom »

Mike told me that there will be a front stainless skid plate and double shock hoops. I am also hoping that there will be traction bars. I have a feeling that I will need them with the supercharger....
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: SuperLift

Post by Warnoffroad »

KCustom wrote:Mike told me that there will be a front stainless skid plate and double shock hoops. I am also hoping that there will be traction bars. I have a feeling that I will need them with the supercharger....
you shouldnt have a problem with a block thats 2"s or smaller.
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

So any new news on the truck?? I cant wait till it is finnished...
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I hope to have news this week...

Post by KCustom »

I hope to have news this week and maybe some pictures...
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: I hope to have news this week...

Post by Conman »

KCustom wrote:I hope to have news this week and maybe some pictures...
Def. try to get pics. Do you think they would consider an option to elimiate the t-bar with say coil over shocks? Since they plan on using new spindles, there might be room for coil overs and eliminate the t-bar drop down brackets. Would be nice......

Cheers,
Con