In the shop AGAIN

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Frank

In the shop AGAIN

Post by Frank »

I am having the WORST luck with my CrewCab :x First the un avoidable happened (with a new vehicle)..... It got hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot :evil: Just a bumper scuff that has been fixed. Then the four wheel drive quit. I was told by the dealer that there were problems with the four wheel drive switches and or the "actuator motor" . Mine happened to be the "encoder motor" :? , the power steering and transmission lines were leaking. Now it's back at Chevy for the leaky tranny AGAIN. Has anyone had similar problems?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: In the shop AGAIN

Post by a2b »

Frank wrote:I am having the WORST luck with my CrewCab :x First the un avoidable happened (with a new vehicle)..... It got hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot :evil: Just a bumper scuff that has been fixed. Then the four wheel drive quit. I was told by the dealer that there were problems with the four wheel drive switches and or the "actuator motor" . Mine happened to be the "encoder motor" :? , the power steering and transmission lines were leaking. Now it's back at Chevy for the leaky tranny AGAIN. Has anyone had similar problems?

sheesh and i thought i had problems :shock:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Wow-Problems

Post by Steven »

I've been lucky so far. Not had any real problems other than my paranoid problem of over heating, and fighting with the dealer about our gas gauges, which turned out to be a design flaw on GM's part and not the gauge itself.

Good luck, I hope you get things worked through so the worries can go away.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Wrager

Post by Wrager »

Frank-What happened when it "quit working?" Did the indicator light just blink? A friend's Jimmy is doing this and I'm trying to help diagnose the problem.
Frank

STILL IN THE SHOP

Post by Frank »

:evil: Well, here's the "newest update". I got my truck back. I was told that I was missing a plug in a vent tube of the tranny ????? :? After one trip of 70 or so miles fluid was all over the driveway again (along with smoke and such) :evil: (wish we had even meaner looking emoticons !!!). No engine lights come on or anything. Just smoke and leaking fluid. The truck is once again in the shop and I'm in a Silverado rental. I STILL like my crewcab very much believe it or not. I agreed to one last fix it attempt :roll: where the service dept is saying that a seal on the transmission pump is more than likely the culprit. Thanks to you guys for letting me VENT here. I'll have to log on more and keep everyone posted on this "situation". F.Y.I. - the 1-800 number in the Chevy manual was called and they "say" they'll do whatever it takes to make this right. The lemon law applied on my third trip for repairs........ I gave 5 tries to them ?

Added some "meaner emoticons"-HJ
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: STILL IN THE SHOP

Post by a2b »

Frank wrote::evil: Well, here's the "newest update". I got my truck back. I was told that I was missing a plug in a vent tube of the tranny ????? :? After one trip of 70 or so miles fluid was all over the driveway again (along with smoke and such) :evil: (wish we had even meaner looking emoticons !!!). No engine lights come on or anything. Just smoke and leaking fluid. The truck is once again in the shop and I'm in a Silverado rental. I STILL like my crewcab very much believe it or not. I agreed to one last fix it attempt :roll: where the service dept is saying that a seal on the transmission pump is more than likely the culprit. Thanks to you guys for letting me VENT here. I'll have to log on more and keep everyone posted on this "situation". F.Y.I. - the 1-800 number in the Chevy manual was called and they "say" they'll do whatever it takes to make this right. The lemon law applied on my third trip for repairs........ I gave 5 tries to them ?

frank, you know you might want to email joe s. who had the blue sonoma crew cab. he had major tranny trouble and hot rid of his. i havent removed his membber page yet, so you can get his email off his, anyways, the dealer bought the truck back under the lemon law....you might want to check this out!!!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Steven
Crew
Crew

Wow

Post by Steven »

And I though Hobie was having troubles.... maybe for him it was the mechanic...lol

Just kidding hobie.

The lemon law is a pain in the butt, but maybe if they don't get the bugs worked out, it can help you. What happens is you File with a lawyer for the lemon law, GM has so many days from the dated filed to answer your problems with a solution, If your not happy with it, then you could go to court to discuss with a judge regarding the problems and let him/her decide whats in the best interest for you. From what I'm told, GM wants to settle these issues pretty quickly. So it usually don't come to that (court).

Good luck with it, I hope you work your problems out before it would come to throwing the towel in for the lemon law.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Wow

Post by a2b »

Steven wrote:And I though Hobie was having troubles.... maybe for him it was the mechanic...lol.

hahaha. yes i know. but for some reason, i am not mad about anything if I mess my truck up. i am only mad if someone else does. so i would rather just fix my own truck myself :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I had 3 things repaired under warranty (one they didn't do it right). One was the exhaust manifold loosened up and was rattling. Two was the fuel pump (guage stopped working). Third was the oil filter adapter lines were leaking. I had to fix that one, they didn't do it correctly.

I've had my lift on since 19k miles and haven't had any more problems. I now have 31k on it. Knock on wood!!! :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I've had one warranty repair done & it didn't suit me. The drip rail weather-stripping at the pass side roof tore where the rear door rubs it. I removed the old one the day before it was to go in I was afraid they would scratch up the truck getting off the double sticky tape. I told the shop Mgr. the strip needed to be kept low in the channel or it would happen again. One week later I noticed the door was starting to cut into it. I grabbed the striping & rolled the sticky tape loose at that point & repositioned it lower in the channel just at the spot that was rubbing & that fixed that. It's been good ever since I found that armor all works good to allow things to slide on rubber.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Hey Jim, I know what you are talking about. Mine was doing that on the rear driver side door. I just got a pair of plyers and bent it back to make a nice round edge as it closes, and moved it further out. LOL :roll:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Lee
Regular
Regular

Warranty issues.

Post by Lee »

I have not had the kind of problems with my truck that you guys have (knock on wood). The only real problem that I have had is that the lower hinge pin on the drivers front door keeps popping up out of the hole. Which I really don't understand because it goes down into the hole. I've been meaning to take it back and have the dealer look at it, but haven't had the time as the only dealer I trust it to is about thirty minutes away from my area.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

no major problems here either. I do have a strange poping sound in my driverseat but I think it's the plastic rubbing agaist the leather seat if I move out of my seat. The only other thing is a airleak noise when I have the heater on high, the rear doors I guess don't seal tight.

The only strange problem I had twice was a lazy shifting transmission, but it has not come back. Might have been still breaking-in

Minus that, I think the quality is high; and the last 5 vehicles I've owned were imports! My guess is that this plant has been running so long, they have got the bugs out of it and producing high quailty output. But Monday's still happen so hopefully the lemons will be sqeezed out.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

My top hinge pin was sliding down, the retainer the factory uses is worthless I found a "C" clip that fits in the groove that fixed it.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Lee
Regular
Regular

Hinge pin

Post by Lee »

Well, I would completely understand if my top hinge pin was sliding down, but the bottom hinge pin sliding up? That goes completely against the laws of nature!!! Sorry, I'll probably take it to the dealer this afternoon and see what they say about it.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:lol: That lower pin seems to have an attitude problem and a total disreguard for gravity :lol:

Tell the dealer that your pin is obviously defective, because it is posessed :lol: That should get you an interesting look :shock:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Lee
Regular
Regular

Hinge pin

Post by Lee »

Very funny. I guess my attitude is just rubbing off on my truck.