Stall

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Stall

Post by Horsehammerr »

I've begun to experience a Stall in acceleration when leaving a stop and when starting a pass. Reminds me of a faulty accelerator pump on a carburetor . What could be the cause of this stall ?
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Stall

Post by roadrunner »

Weak fuel pump? Fuel filter plugging up? Pre-cat/main cat partially plugged? Collapsed or otherwise plugging exhaust pipe/system? Assuming you've already covered the basics like plugs, wires, rotor, and cap of course. Any way you can check for codes like multiple mis-fire etc? Last time mine acted like that the pre-cat went bye bye and problem was solved. Just tossing some ideas out there for ya.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Pulled the Pre-cat years ago so, that's out. Cat is only there in shell form," Gutted "! My filter has plugged before but , never with any warning stall, just plain shut down plugged. Same with in tank pump, running one moment , DEAD the next. Never thought to look at my Distributor , Will Now. Been very busy remodeling my trusty 'ole Yamaha Road Star the last 3 months , one tract mind don't ya know ? :roll:
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Check and clean the throttle body. The IAC passage may be dirty?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Thanks for the reminder Brule, Any suggestions how to do a good clean up ?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Throttle body cleaner and a rag. I shove the rag down to catch most of the dirty stuff and pull it back out of the intake. Can be a little tricky to hold the throttle open while spraying. The wet rag also helps to wipe the big stuff off the throttle blade and body. Then a final spray down before starting. If it is time for a new set of sparkplugs , replace them after the cleaning :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK