Question about the MFi upgrade KIt

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Question about the MFi upgrade KIt

Post by Serge PETIT »

Hello, I need your help .
I have purchase from Rockauto the AC DELCO SCPI to MFI upgrade kit and the fuel pressure regulator on the kit I have received does not look like the one on the photos in the Rockauto catalogue (see photos of the one I received ) it has a hole instead of the small tube

My question : is the FPR i have received a wrong one or may some kits be delivered with a different FPR but having the same spécifications than the one with the small tube shown on catalogues photos ?

The one I have received

On Amazone I have found a photo of a Delphi FPR looking like the one I have received and convenient for my Blazer LT year 2000
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CG ... 6121864-20
But I prefer to ask to be sure ....................

Thanks in advance for support

Serge. :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Question about the MFi upgrade KIt

Post by HenryJ »

I think I know what you are talking about. The regulators with the "tube" are so that they can be used outside the intake manifold. A hose is attached to the intake manifold vacuum. The V-8 engines have the regulator mounted externally in this manner.
Ours is mounted inside the intake manifold and subject to vacuum without the need for a hose. Either will work the same for our application.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Serge PETIT »

Many thanks Brule for your answer . Your explaination is tota :cheers: ly clear and now I will install the kit with a very quite mind !!! :cheers:
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

Thats correct, its definitely the right one, I just did another one of these for a customer a few weeks ago and it looked just like that.
Serge PETIT
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Serge PETIT »

Thanks AVTekk for your help . The "big tune up" and upgrade will be done within 2 weeks (complete tune up with total renewing of the ignition modules, upgrade of the exhaust manifold joint with "Felpro permadry plus", and other joints of the kit , cooling system with "green" , upgrade of the injection spider; all that to be quiet for an other 13 years without troubles like the passed 13 years and 130 000 km !)