ABS light

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

ABS light

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Abs light came on the other day and then it turned off and then back on for a while and then back off. Seems to be random and sometimes will flicker when I hit a big bump. Could this be a loose connection or sensor somewhere? Also noticing a leak that looks like brake fluid but my fluid level is not changing. One more symptom is a strange noise at idle sounds kinda like an air compressor. Actually more like a rattling noise. Could this be signs of a bad abs module? I read a post on this..
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: ABS light

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Nevermind about the rattling noise found that one of the welds on one of the cats had cracked so the heat shield was loose...
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

My intermittent ABS light was from a broken wire on the passenger side. It was the cable that goes to the wheel speed sensor. It was an obvious failure.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

I will look for this
U.S. Marines
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

The sensors are known for failure due to corrosion. It is the entire hub assembly. I had that issue and the ABS would come on with bad timing. I pulled the fuse to it. No ABS, stops quick, no annoyance.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page