squeaking finally solved

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

squeaking finally solved

Post by riceburnr2005 »

so since i bought my truck ive been trying to figure out the squeaking coming from the front passenger side. I came on here and read up on it and started lubing everything. Torsion bar sockets, grease points...no fix then i replaced all the shocks since the front ones were leaking all kinds of oil. no fix, ok then replaced inner/outer tie rods, tie rod adjusters, pitman arm, and idler arm..all this made a huge difference in driving but still squeaks!! Found another topic on lower control arm bushings, i replaced those and still nothing. After months of aggravation today i took the truck to the shop to get an alignment since i just finished my MML not too long ago, turns out i need lower ball joints on both sides!! If you look at them they looked perfectly fine but they were the ones squeaking the whole time, not too sure how he figured it out. I always do all my own work but i was feeling lazy on this one, but oh well i got charged 400 bucks in parts and labor for the joints and no more squeeky...FYI for anyone having the same problems.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: squeaking finally solved

Post by F9K9 »

Good info, Sir!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
gfernatt

Re: squeaking finally solved

Post by gfernatt »

Thank you for the post.

Rebuilding the front of my 01 Crew Cab and have the same squeak. Truck sat for three years and is being lubed everywhere but i'll be doing the ball joints first. Thanks again.