Truck still running a little hot!

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Truck still running a little hot!

Post by bradjh »

I had the intake gaskets replaced and truck is still running a little warm. about 210 when i am pulling a trailer, I am going to flush out dex here shortly and go green and put in new thermo because i have been getting that check engine light cant remember code but its something about truck not getting to certain temp. soon enough, anyway i am hoping a flush and fill and new thermo will solve it otherwise i may need a tranny cooler? I haul a little 6x10 with a lawn more twice a week...

Brad
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Truck still running a little hot!

Post by F9K9 »

210* is about right! Junking the dex should have happened long ago.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Truck still running a little hot!

Post by WileyHunter »

+1 on 210* being about right...

For average running, short trips few stops I see right at 200* with Green.
With a 5x9 U-Haul, short-run and long-run both, I am seeing 210* whether loaded down or near empty. Make sure when the change is made, whoever does it, do a FULL FLUSH. Don't let them just drain the tanks and refill with green. It will take them just a little longer for them to do it right, but don't let them skimp on it. The shop that did mine WAS going to just flush/fill all in one sweep. I had them empty the tank and use just water until the output came out clear (or darned near), then let them put the green juice in.