Tire sizing

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

davejb851
Regular
Regular

Tire sizing

Post by davejb851 »

Don't yell, I did many searches looking for the info and was put in so many other categories and threads, but none seemed to give me the answer I seek. So here goes.

I'm not planning on doing any lifting....right now. Although I probably will be adding some sort of helper at the rear to allow me to carry more weight with less droop in the a$$ end.
So with stock wheels, can I go to a larger/more aggressive tire without compromising the body? And if yes, what might that size be?
The CC currently has 235 15's
[size=75]I tell my Boy Scouts.....leadership isn't a job, it's an attitude! Lead by example!
2002 CC bone stock...for now - 2001 Aztek AWD - 1997 Land Rover Discovery[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

235/75-15 is as big as you can go and mine still rubbed stock.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I didnt have any problems with my 235/75/15 goodyear wrangler silent armors rubbing like Brule did.

I never had 30" tires on my crew, but I wouldnt hesitate to put 30s on it stock. I know i wouldnt have had any issues. 31s will require cutting.
davejb851
Regular
Regular

Post by davejb851 »

Thanks guys, it's just that I have these wimpy street tires, and it just doesn't fit my manly persona!

I guess a lift of some sort is called for.
[size=75]I tell my Boy Scouts.....leadership isn't a job, it's an attitude! Lead by example!
2002 CC bone stock...for now - 2001 Aztek AWD - 1997 Land Rover Discovery[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Currently running BFG AT KO's 235x75x15 stock truck and wheels. T-bar crank minimal to level truck. Deep articulate turns will still rub when tires are new due to the aggressive deep lugs on the sides and their squared off design. Less aggressive design or more street-type tires don't. I had the same size in good year wranglers on it before and they did not rub in the same situation and traversing the same terrain.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Just a difference in an import case as opposed to a domestic case can mean quite a difference in overall size too.
Good point that shoulder design is a BIG part.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK