Vibration

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Vibration

Post by DLP »

Spent the weekend replacing parts on the CC. Just venting! It was in the 40s so I decided I would do some needed repairs. I have had an intermittent ABS light comming on. I also had a bad vibration somewhere. So I replaced the drivers side wheel bearing ( did this one last October) and the ABS light went out but not the vibration. Replaced the pass side wheel bearing ( did this one last June) and lost most of the vibration. But not all of it. At least Autozone covered the bad bearings. I didn't buy the cheep ones either. Noticed the pass rear axle bearing leaking a little. so I replaced both bearings and seals. The pass side bearing was cracked in two places. The diff was filled with more water than 90 weight. Moved the vent hose while I was at it. This didn'tfix the vibration either. The last thing I could replace or repair on my own was the driveshaft u-joints. I replaced both u-joints back in Jume too. The shaft felt good and tight, that's why I didn't replace the u-joints first. But after pulling the driveshaft, I found one of the bearings wasn't loose, but siezed. So now I have a smooth rolling rig again!

After the CC repairs, My 15 year old son and I repaced the front bearing/hubs on his Jeep. It was nice to see him do all the wrenching instead of me! We also replaced the (6) u-joints on the driveshafts and axles. Replaced the cap, rotor, plugs and wires along with a new t-stat. It has been a long weekend for sure!!!
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You have been busy! Sounds like a very productive weekend :clap:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:You have been busy! Sounds like a very productive weekend :clap:
Image! What kind of Jeep though? Most have 7. Glad you got him wrenching early! :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

The Jeep is a 98 Cherokee. He can't drive it by himself for a couple more months until he gets his drivers training finished. But I use it for going back and forth to work. Just testing it out, you know! Not bragging. Ya I guess I am. He is pretty good mecanicaly. He has been wrenching on the quads for several years. He does the ring change, clutches, even the big-bore on his KFX400 while I a was at work last summer. He wants to be a mecanic too. I guess its better than playing video games.
LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

DLP wrote:He wants to be a mecanic too. I guess its better than playing video games.
:lol: Almost anything is better than playing video games :lol:

And...being a mechanic, he will probably always find a job somewhere.

I try to get my 3 kiddos involved somehow when I'm doing stuff with the vehicles and around the house. Always seems to take longer, but their questions usually make me think more about what I'm doing.
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I hear ya on projects taking a little longer. I am not a very patient teacher when I am working on something. I am trying to change. I know that watching someone else do the job isn't the same as doing it yourself. Plus it's easier to watch him bust the lugnuts loose instead of me!