Help with this new distributor

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

Help with this new distributor

Post by Jim »

I want to put this distributor in soon but the shaft seems to not turn real smooth. Should I take it apart and lube the shaft and make sure it has bushings in it as stated? What should I lube it with? Here is what United says about it:
Machined Aluminum Housings
Bronze Oil-Lite Bushings
Hardened Ground Shaft for Concentricity
High-Performance Engineered with OE Fit
Brass Caps & Rotors
Ready to Install
Completely Assembled with all Component Parts

How do they do it for $130?
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I would think they would had lubed it. If it was mine I would rig it to a drill motor and spin it for 15 to 20 min. then check to see if the binding went away. If it didn't I would return it.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Not a big deal to pop the pin drop the gear and take a look. A little assembly lude could be used if things are indeed dry.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
articcat6

Re: Help with this new distributor

Post by articcat6 »

How did this distributor work out?

Where did you order this distributor?

Thank you.
Jim

Re: Help with this new distributor

Post by Jim »

articcat6 wrote:How did this distributor work out?

Where did you order this distributor?

Thank you.
Worked good, gear was 180 off but other than that nice. I still don't see how they make it for the price. Rock Auto is where I got it.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.