Misfire

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

rick
Crew
Crew

Misfire

Post by rick »

I just replace the lower intake gaskets on my wife’s 2000 Blazer. The intake had a coolant leak. When I put in back together it developed a misfire. Rough idle is intermittent, upon hard acceleration it backfires, slow acceleration its fine. Codes came back as misfire in cylinder 6. I am going to change the plug and wire. I believe the distributor is in right. I had a hard time putting it back in, at top dead on the balancer the distributor never really pointed at #1. I check it with my CC and it appeared to be in the right position. I cleaned the throttle body and sprayed the AIC motor with carb cleaner(?). All wire connections are fine and so are the vacuum lines. It ran perfect before I took it apart. I plan on taking it in to the shop if I cannot diagnosis it first. Any help would be appreciated.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I would take a close look at the cap and rotor. Make sure it is not cracked/worn and see that both are seated properly. Are the plug wires new? I had our Blazer at the dealer 3 times because it was running rough before I gave up on them and tackled it myself. I changed the plug wires and the problem was solved.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

Took it to the shop and had a tech look at it. Found out the problems. Apparently when I was moving the wiring harness to replace the intake gasket the crank sensor harness was dry and brittle from oil leaking on it, so when I moved the harness it damaged it, so they put a new pigtail and crank sensor on it. The shop also replaced the cap and rotor and #6 plug. The also told me than number 6 has a slight lean mixture to it, the new gasket may not be seated correctly or the injector is going bad and it I wanted they could run more test on it. It does run fine for now.