fuel filter

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

black powder

fuel filter

Post by black powder »

what is the best fuel filter [FRAM] or GM delco ...i also saw no write -up on filter changing ..
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Delco is by far the best of the 2! :wink:

I wouldn't use any filters made by FRAM. :roll:

Steve
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I don't know what Steve's particular objection to Fram is but I've used their fuel filters for years on several different vehicles with no adverse effects. :shrug: All I've ever noticed is they need to be changed regularly just like everybody else's. :lol:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

roadrunner wrote:I don't know what Steve's particular objection to Fram is but I've used their fuel filters for years on several different vehicles with no adverse effects. :shrug: All I've ever noticed is they need to be changed regularly just like everybody else's. :lol:
This has come up so many times and in so many forums that all that I can say is feel free to use all of their filters. You may actually slide by without failure. When you have actually seen one of the filters fail, you may actually take a look around at studies. BTW, that is a really cool coating that they have to let you get a grip on their POS :wink:

Let's just agree to disagree on this topic! You buy all the Frams you want and I will refuse to even get one near a rig that I own.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

To add another to the mix I personally use Napa Gold filters. I have had good luck with them and like the quality and price.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

That really is a good smiley. Had not seen it before. I do not want to even go into this but, you may have a parts store that carries WIX Filters. They are pretty close to Fram in price. They also make many filters under other brand names.

Seriously, though, feel free to use Fram products. Maybe you are on a lease or a planned vehicle rotation.

I may seem to defend Steve, who races an ugly arse Impala SS but, we have our disagreements. We have plenty of disagreements. Listen to Brule and Steve. Just pray that they agree.

Searching is your friend.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:... Listen to Brule and Steve. Just pray that they agree.
NEVER! He is a complete fool! :evil:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

f9k9 - That really is a good smiley. Had not seen it before.
That’s what happens when I sit home a whole week with nothing better to do. Thank God I am going back to work tomorrow. :bounce:
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:
f9k9 wrote:... Listen to Brule and Steve. Just pray that they agree.
NEVER! He is a complete fool! :evil:
:crazy: maybe, but not a fool. :lol:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I disagree! ;)

See we can just never agree :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

f9k9 wrote: I do not want to even go into this but, you may have a parts store that carries WIX Filters. They are pretty close to Fram in price. They also make many filters under other brand names.

Seriously, though, feel free to use Fram products. Maybe you are on a lease or a planned vehicle rotation.
If memory serves WIX makes NAPA's filters unless that has changed since I closed up shop. I used to be a stocking dealer when I ran my own shop.
As to quality. If price were no object I would use Baldwin filters. None better IMOP.

Yup, you got me. I'm on the money dictates vehicle rotation plan. (Can't rotate if I can't afford another on my own money) :lol:

Doing fine on my vehicles. One has 85k another has 155k number three has 296k and the fourth has 335k. I've used many different brands of filters on all four and also their predecessors with no ill effects or failures from Fram or any other brands I've used. :)

Performance and longevity speak for themselves.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:I disagree! ;)

See we can just never agree :lol:
:lol:

Steve