ruber smelt

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ruber smelt

Post by philippe »

when i go for short run in town (put kids to kindergarten)i smel ruber.no tire rubing,no mud flaps rubing(it's off),and i have the original spare tire(not 31'').does it hapen to some body? :blink:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Do you smell it in the area of the right front wheel well?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by philippe »

i dont know,i smell it as i go out of truck but dont know where precisely.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I had the same thing around the right front wheel well. Look for the gap guards getting hot from the exhaust manifolds. There are some wires and hoses on the right side. You might make sure they are clear and protected.
I don't think I ever found the cause of mine. Eventually is went away.
Something that just came to mind is the check valves for the air pump. Make sure they are good. When they fail exhaust is pumped into the hoses. This condenses in the air pump and it fills with water. The hoses get cooked from the exhaust flow. The hoses from the check valves should not be crunchy. They should feel soft and flexible. Squeeze them and see if you feel anything.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by philippe »

thanks i will look that and tell you if i find some fix to do.
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

ruber smelt- isn’t that the variety of fish that migrates from Yellowknife down to Winnipeg every spring? :?:
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Sounds like one rubbery hard to eat fish to me! hahahaha
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by philippe »

SORRY.i am french (quebec) and i mabe scrap some words when i wrote but i verry like this forum.i learn a lot of thing for my cc.thanks to help me when i have question.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

ils justement blaguent autour. Welcome to forum.
:mrgreen:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:Welcome to forum.
Don't you mean...bienvenue au forum

- ThunderII KE7CSK
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Just poking fun. I was stationed in NAS Brunswick Maine for a while and had a lot of fun in Quebec on my four day weekends. Although come to think of it the Mounties didn’t think it was very funny when I ended up in Canada via a logging road one weekend in my CJ 7. Those boys are sooooooooooo uptight :hehe:
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

HenryJ wrote:
BADs Crew wrote:Welcome to forum.
Don't you mean...bienvenue au forum
je ai français langue dans mon sang mais je suis loin de fluent. :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Je n'en ai le sang dans des mes veines, mais aucun de lui français. La seule manière que je peux communiquer en cette langue est babelfish

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

je impressionne. il y est rien vous fais HJ ? :lol:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Oh, by the way. My mom is from Belgium. I believe the French language is spoken a little different there.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Okay, Okay. You two closet frenchmen done!
I can't speak it but I can read it. Kinda reminds me of dutch-speak when translated through an english speaking brain. (throw the cow over the fence some hay. Instead of throw some hay over the fence to the cow)
I can totally understand why phillipe has difficulty writing thoughts in english that make sense to him as raised french. No, I'm not upset. Just less than amused. :roll:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Me thinks, need speak more like Yoda, I must ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

:popcorn:
philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by philippe »

cool!you guys are verry funny.but i think i write english bether than you in french,it was dificult to understand.lol lol
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

:hide:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:roflmao:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

:hehe:
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

philippe wrote:cool!you guys are verry funny.but i think i write english bether than you in french,it was dificult to understand.lol lol
Now I feel all "vindicated". :clap: