200k CC

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

200k CC

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

So i'm hopefully getting my crew next week or the week after. Its a 2001 LS with 198,000 miles. I'm getting it off my neighbor CHEAP! Any recommendations on what i should check for or what i should do before i start driving it every day? Iv driven it a few times and everything seems to be cherry. The only problem(that really isn't a problem) is its going too need brakes probbly(the peddle pulsates). But anything i should do before i start running it?
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

ball joints first, no question. An easy way to check to see if they're shot is tire wear. That is a VERY short version of this topic but you can read more here:ball joints Other common issues also touched on by this site include the shocks and feul filter. Mostly mods are the biggest topic so have fun!
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: 200k CC

Post by killian96ss »

Rebel-Chevy wrote:The only problem (that really isn't a problem) is its going too need brakes probbly (the peddle pulsates). But anything i should do before i start running it?
You need to have your rotors turned (if they have enough material left) or get some new ones. :wink:

As far as the other stuff, well @ 200k you will likely need all new front end suspension parts, and you should change the oil & filter, front & rear diff fluid, transmission fluid & filter, fuel filter, air filter, transfer case fluid, lube the brake caliper slide pins or replace if they are already corroded or badly seized, check the front and rear brake pads & parking brake pads inside the rear rotors, shocks, spark plugs & wires, distributor cap & rotor, replace all 3 02 sensors, clean the throttle body, clean the (IAT, IAC, and MAF) sensors, lube all of grease fittings on the suspension, and check the battery condition.

I'm sure there is more, but this is all I can think of right now. :lol:

The only way I wouldn't change any of this stuff with the mileage it has would be if your neighbor has receipts or can prove that any of this stuff has been changed recently. :wink:

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: 200k CC

Post by F9K9 »

killian96ss wrote:..................The only way I wouldn't change any of this stuff with the mileage it has would be if your neighbor has receipts or can prove that any of this stuff has been changed recently. :wink:
You are now entering the Heep dimension where 200K is nothing.

Expect parts to fail and ask for guidance from people like Brule and Steve :wink: If, you have a local "good guy" shop, I'd try to have them diagnose all that is wrong with, the understanding that you are gonna do it. Might be money well invested.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

Yeah i have a whole folder full of recepts, within the last 2 years it has gotten new motor mounts, new distributer, new thermostat, coolant flush, used throttle body, new right hub bearing, greased suspension, new plugs and wires, pcv valve, fuel filter, throttle body cleaned, new rear rotors & pads plus other odds and ends. put ill probbly put it on the lift at my buddys garage and check some other stuff out. But thanks for the replys and advice, if you think of anything more be sure to let me know.
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

I was looking on the window sticker that was in the truck, it says "Locking Differential - Rear Axle" does that mean factory locker? And also it was upgraded from 3.42's to 3.73's
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

be careful with a rear end swap. I blew mine out and looked into it and found out if it's not the right match it will destroy your transfer case. You can tell if it's wrong by putting it in 4wd and driving on wet pavement, slowly. If you can feel the wheels jerking that is bad and the rear end is wrong for your truck.
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

Its on The paper from the window with the write up of all the standards and options and it has "Options Installed By Manufacturer" i dout they would put 2 different Rear ratios factory.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I was wondering where he came up with that concern. I am sure that the factory limited slip (locker) is long worn out by now. You have a good axle ration so, write off that concern. You are going to have basically one front wheel and one rear wheel helping you in 4WD. Keep all four wheels planted and it will serve you well in 95% of the situations that you might face.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

:thumb:
Keep all four wheels planted and it will serve you well
im a redneck boy from pennsylvania, so is sounds easier than done lol.
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

well here she is.
Images over 100k limit-HJ
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Lookin good! :thumb:

Every time I see another black crew cab it really makes me miss mine. :(

Steve
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

ha ha, im savin up for a bug visor vent shades and tires, so if anyone is getting rid of either, let me know
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The truck looks good for 200k. :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Country_Guy »

Very Nice Truck!
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

thanks guys
Noma02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Noma02 »

Nice CC !!! Looks real good for 200k.
[size=75]2002 Sonoma crew cab. Mod air box. drop in K&N air filter , Tonneau cover.[/size] Bug deflector, vent guards. Step rail next!