Smoke from passenger side around transmission dipstick

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Hog18Jags
Regular
Regular

Smoke from passenger side around transmission dipstick

Post by Hog18Jags »

Hello. I have been having a problem sometimes when I drive my truck. I have a 2001 S10 crew cab and occasionally when I drive it I will come to a red light or park it when I get home and smoke will come out from under the hood. I have opened the hood and it appears to be coming from around the transmission dipstick area. It doesn't do it everyday. Any ideas??
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

smell is going to be your best helper on this. All smoke has a different smell from sweet transmision, to musky transmision. It wouldn't hurt to get out and look for leaks before you turn off the engine.
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Are you sure it is not just steam from the AC draining onto the exhaust?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

MARBLEYARD wrote:smell is going to be your best helper on this. All smoke has a different smell from sweet transmision, to musky transmision.
Or the nasty electrical wire fire smell. :shock:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]