Encoder Motor and TC Vacuum Switch

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Encoder Motor and TC Vacuum Switch

Post by doughboy5499 »

Split topic-HJ

I got my new Encoder Motor and the TC Vacuum Switch in so, on Monday I will attempt to install them. Will try to remember to take pics of the installment of both if anyone is interested. Replacing the springs on my Dads 07 mustang too.
Last edited by doughboy5499 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

OK what an interesting day it has been.

First off I got my oil changed. Used 5 quarts 10w-30 Synthetic Royal Purple and a K&N oil filter.

Second I changed out my fuel filter. I had issues with getting the filter out of the bracket. Unloosened it and still had to really pound the bracket off. after changing the filter out we decided to use a little PB Blaster on the filter and it slid on alot easier. I could not imagine climbing under there lying on my back doing that. I am glad I have access to a lift where you can actually get under there and see what your doing.

Third I replaced my Transfercase Encoder Motor. I removed the three 10mm bolts holding it on. Then unplugged the wire harness. In the middle of the harness there was an 8mm bolt holding that on. Thought I could just slide the old motor out but, that was not the case. I had to remove the front drive shaft out of the splines of the TC to have enough room to get it out. The encoder motor was sitting on a shaft that connects to the TC. I did have a little trouble putting the new motor on. The shaft did not match up with the new motor. I had to use a wrench and turn the shaft by hand so it would line up with the new motor. Before putting everything back together, I went ahead and replaced the TC vacuum switch. That part was pretty gravy. Like stated before most of the work was done by feel for which you could not see what you were doing. I used a 7/8" deepwell socket. It was an extremely tight fit using the rachet but, I got it.
I inspected the plug and there was luckily no sign of moisture in it.

When everything was installed and put back, I had to test out the 4wd buttons. It engages to 4hi now like it is supposed to. But, when going back to 2wd I really after to work at getting it to go. I have to roll forward or back a few times to get it to go. One attempt to get it back to 2wd I just went down the road a ways and it switched. I am at least happy that I have 4hi when I need it. I just have to play to get it to switch back but, it will eventually. I am really gonna need it tomorrow too. They are calling for 12+ inches of snow for here in Defiance county over night. I did take a couple of pics. I forgot about it along the way but, check them out. Hope this helps the next person. Maybe.

PICS
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

They call for 2 - 4 inches here tomorrow afternoon and 10 to 15 inches over night!!!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

If snow is all you get,consider yourself lucky. Over the next two days, we are supposed to get snow, rain, freezing rain, sleet,ans some more snow on top of all that.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Yea they said that the more southern counties would be getting that, but up here closer to the lake, all we're getting is snow!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

rlrnr53 wrote:If snow is all you get,consider yourself lucky. Over the next two days, we are supposed to get snow, rain, freezing rain, sleet,ans some more snow on top of all that.
Ditto. Sounds like we'll be using the 4x4 again.. :D ..To haul people out of the ditches!!!!! :lol:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]