After only 18 months the duralast cap and rotor left me sit.

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

After only 18 months the duralast cap and rotor left me sit.

Post by Jim »

Fired but quit and wouldn't start one morning. The last thing I thought it would be was the cap and rotor, 18 months and 10,000 miles ago it was new. There was no warning no real miss or hesitation like there was when I replaced before. Since I have the new parts on I can feel the difference, I think the degradation was so gradual I didn't notice. I also have a 2.5 mile trip to work each day where my truck barely warms up so it's hard to tell. I now have a growl :D from the air box and a kick in seat of my pants :shock: where last week I only had a burble :roll: .
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

Always nice when you can fly by the seat of your pants :D
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

mine did the same thing to me at school, after tearing into everything else, and having it towed as a last resort, they told me it was that blasted 10 dollar cap. needless to say autozone refunded my money as minimal consolement for my troubles, and that it had gone bad in 6000 miles...
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I never buy anything at AutoZone unless absolutely necessary. I've had to use the "Lifetime Warranty" on the Duralast brand way too much.

I'd rather have parts that last a good long time, and pay to replace them, than have to replace them over and over for free.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]