Newbie here with new truck

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

wr70beh

Newbie here with new truck

Post by wr70beh »

Hello:

Found your forum on crew cabs and thought I'd join. I'm always interested to see what people are doing to their vehicles and learn more about mine. I just bought a new '03 Crew Cab LS 4x4 in Dk Cherry Red this weekend. How I ended up with it is a story in itself, but in a nutshell my ex-girlfriend wanted to go check out this guy that she was "interested" in who was a car salesman. I was supposed to be interested in buying a vehicle and she wanted to see how good of a salesman he was. Well, I had no intention of buying anything but after looking at the crew cab I said, "if you can get me this deal and these payments, we'll talk." After a few back and forth negotiations he was able to do it so i bought it. And I traded in an '02 extended cab 4x4 to get it.

So anyway, I've been happy with the vehicle so far. Not much difference than my extended cab except it's got a rear seat (and the smaller bed of course). One big difference, though, and that is this is the first vehicle I have EVER owned that has had leather seats. The heated seat feature I'm in love with....it's great. Anyway a question for you guys: for those who have leather what do you do differently to clean or take care of them? what kind of cleaners/anything do you use?

Appreciate the help!

B
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Yeah I love the heated seats. Have them in my other Truck also. I'll try my hardest to buy vehicles with heated seats for the rest of my life! ;)

The S10s are great buys now with the big rebates and selling close to invoice. Since it appears they will be building them for another year, expect more crew owners here.

Good Luck,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Welcome to the site! :)

As for taking care of your leather, get a good leather conditioner/cleaner. Every time you wash your truck (or once a month...whichever happens most often), clean and condition the seats. GM leather is notoriously low quality (at least it used to be). My parents have a 96 Tahoe and a 93 Regal, both with leather, and they didn't really take care of the seats much at all and they look terrible...cracked and worn everywhere.

The better care you take of them, the less your chances of having problems.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

wr7 Obeh, that's a nice new crew you have, but what about the ex girfriend?

Well, did she hook up with the salesman?

The salesman must be good at his job, after all, you did get a new vehicle.

All this talk with the heated leather seats makes me wish I had gotten leather. I have the same excact seats in my 02 Crew as my 99 Jimmy had.
wr70beh

Post by wr70beh »

She hooked up with him before we went down there to look around...that's how I ended up with this salesman...she just wanted to check him out in action. The whole plan was for me to pretend to be interested in a vehicle. I did some research before actually going down there just to see if there were any vehicles on the lot that I'd be interested in, and the crew cab fit the bill. I asked him to show that one to me and I liked it a lot. It was awkward seeing them two sitting together, though...
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

welcome! so have you taken it offroad yet? when you do let me know and i willl post some pics up for you, like this :D

[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Man, that is one impressive photo!

Can my Crew do that? Not with me driving it :lol:

I am so impressed, I had to send it off to my friends.

For a thin guy, you got big.........

well what a brave guy you are.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Hobie's just showing off. The side shot's not nearly as impressive. :lol:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:Hobie's just showing off. The side shot's not nearly as impressive. :lol:

i know it was only 30 degrees. the ground went down in a hole in front of the rock, other wise i could of gotten higher

thanks anvil for the props! :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Showing off, yeah maybe, but he still has umm, big stones!