Loud rattle

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Loud rattle

Post by camelott112 »

ok so last weekend i tood penee on her first endevor and i high centered her on some ice framed out and an inch to the ground threw my allignment out and now i veer to the left and its a little goosy on acceleration the thing im concerned with is that when i juice it i get a pretty bad rattle and im concerned it feels like my rear drive shaft and i dont know exactly what to look for should i just duct tape chevyman6 under her and see if he can find it while im driving?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

camelott112 wrote: should i just duct tape chevyman6 under her and see if he can find it while im driving?

and maybe a helmet :lol:
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

barch you always make me laugh man i love the doggy bone style will that help deflect any rocks while driving? oh yeah and i never got to ask is that a picture of you on your icon :lol:
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

set the rear wheels on jack stands and put it gear....letting the idle speed turn the rear wheels......watch the drive shaft.....should be "straight"!!!!
also....is the "rattle" a vibrating noise... or a rattle!!???

and that is his pic...on a "bad "!! :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

its a rattle im talking like if you have had a stressful day just gun it and get a massage in the drivers seat i went to get an allignment today and the guy said that i had to put my old tires on to get it done because there is no rim lip with the tires i have on there now
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

most alignment heads that i have used will mount on either the inside lip,,, or the outside of the rim!! does your tires buldge out that much that he can not attach the head to the outside of the rim?? :?
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if cams wheels are anything like mine there is no lip on the front
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]