Rear diff oil again

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rear diff oil again

Post by smokinjoe »

i know this has been beaten to death but if i dont have the G80 rpo code i can use 80w 90 right, i guess i dont have the posi rear end, also does anyone know where to get a new seal, i went to autozone and they dont stock for anything later than a 99, or if someone has the gm part # ill just order it online
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Tell them you have a 99 then. They are not too bright at them stores. I needed a pinion seal, so I just told them it's for an 86 Camaro. haha. GM's been making these same rear ends for decades, they're all the same.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

granted i know all it should really be is some cork i still like to egt as close to the right stuff as i can
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

You can always use silicone sealant without a gasket.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

true....although id sleep a little better at night with a gasket in place
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

ok so no one knows huh, what has every one else been using then?
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Anything that fits the 7.5/7.625 10 bolt made from the 80's, 90's including S-10's, Camaro's, Blazers, etc, etc. Maybe even the Nova's from the 70's. So, if they don't have your year, make one up, haha.

In other words...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote: if they don't have your year, make one up
That's what I did.
I used a cover for a late '80-early'90's Astro van ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

ill see what they got this weekend, ive been working 12 hour shifts this week and havent had time for anything other than sleeping, saying hi to the wife, and going back to work
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Ha, you must be in telecommunications! :lol:
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

worse... i work for the government, and im on salary...if they dont get their 60 hours a week out of me they might start thinking im cheating them and start docking my pay :!:

actually weve been playing war games all this week and been pulling extra duty, i got to work for 5 hours tonight which is my night off... surprise surprise
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

smokinjoe wrote:worse... i work for the government, and im on salary...if they dont get their 60 hours a week out of me they might start thinking im cheating them and start docking my pay :!:

actually weve been playing war games all this week and been pulling extra duty, i got to work for 5 hours tonight which is my night off... surprise surprise
60 hours :shock: , I work for the Government on salary, and I only have to work 37.25 hours, after that they pay me overtime
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

overtime :lol: ... you must be kidding, it literally takes an act of congress for me to get a raise, but at least the travel is good, ive been around the world, and done some strange things :poke:
melloyellow
Webhost
Webhost

Post by melloyellow »

smokinjoe wrote:overtime :lol: ... you must be kidding, it literally takes an act of congress for me to get a raise, but at least the travel is good, ive been around the world, and done some strange things :poke:
I also work for the gov. We are called NATEC. Provide all engineering support for Navy and Marine Corp Aircraft. My specialty is LASER Guided Weapons.
[size=75]2003 Yellow S10 Crew Cab ZR5: SuperLiner, PA192 Lift, 3 Leaf Kit, Bilsten Shocks, Yokohama GeoLander A/T + II, ARE IIsi Tonneau Cover with Wing[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

melloyellow wrote:
smokinjoe wrote:overtime :lol: ... you must be kidding, it literally takes an act of congress for me to get a raise, but at least the travel is good, ive been around the world, and done some strange things :poke:
I also work for the gov. We are called NATEC. Provide all engineering support for Navy and Marine Corp Aircraft. My specialty is LASER Guided Weapons.
Hmmm....that would be a cool mod........ :D Now I wish I had a ZR5 roof rack! :twisted:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Doogy
Regular
Regular

Post by Doogy »

I work for the GOVT. also and it shows by the deduction on my paycheck every two weeks. :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Doogy
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

i dont get any choice,im an enlisted man, i do as im told... or else :(
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

melloyellow wrote:
Dag, we on a government server? :shock:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

No--I work in Telecommunications. But I too, seem to owe the goverment such a great deal of money that they remove a large portion from each paycheck.

The hositals and phramacists want their share too--even though from my reconing I have gotten sick enough to go to the doctor once in 3 years (which I paid cash for, for I had no insurance), and in the last 5 years I have only once been to a urgent care facility when I blew a knee out wakeboarding, (again with no medical insurance) and even then decided tha t I could tough it out. So what, I limp a little every once in a while --I still don't like paying for the medical coverage everyone tells me I so dearly need these days......

...but I digress.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

id rather pay than go to a military dr. i swear they are either failures from the real medical profession or running from malpractice lawsuits :lol: