Stock Wheels with big tires??

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Absolutcain

Stock Wheels with big tires??

Post by Absolutcain »

My Stepfather has a Crew Cab... i really would like him to upgrade his tires at least...he wont do anything else...so..what are the biggest tires i can get on the stock wheels without a lift..if the tires are to puny..what are the biggest i can do with just a little lift..like just suspension stuff..thanks for all your help...and the forum looks good guys...im at S10forum and s-seriesforum all the time..
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

welcome to the site. glad you posted.

so read the mod section on http://crewcab.2ya.com

you will find info about body lifts, shackles and what not.

also, you can use the search function on this forum and you will find tons of info as this has been discussed tons of times....

but to answer your question quickly. 30" tires is the biggest you can go :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Yep the 30 is the biggest stock, and you may rub a little -- the 235/75/15 (29 inch) is probably bigget that wont rub anywhere.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

ive got 30X9.5 bridgestone duelers without a lift or t-bar crank on stock 15X 7 rims, they dont rub anywhere and they are tall stiff tires
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

When I was stock, even my stock 29's would rub the rear inner fender wells at full flex.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:When I was stock, even my stock 29's would rub the rear inner fender wells at full flex.
and pauls ifs can do some crazy flex compared to ours :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

That was special mod #1. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]

Post by Guest »

I've been wanting to put bigger tires too without a lift. I think the stock tires look really wimpy. Does anybody know if putting larger than factory recommended tires void any of the warranty?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Ray-Laconico wrote:I've been wanting to put bigger tires too without a lift. I think the stock tires look really wimpy. Does anybody know if putting larger than factory recommended tires void any of the warranty?
no it will not but the dealer might tell you so but they are a bunch of liars
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\

Post by Guest »

I'm feeling a very slight bump or looseness on my steering wheel when I turn left. It is not enough for me to want to take to the dealer to fix because they'll probably tell me there's nothing wrong and I'll feel stupid. I'm just wondering if I put bigger tires on my truck, the dealership might blame that for the problem with my steering if I do take it in someday. I'm only thinking of a little bigger tire like 235/75r15 but with an offroad tread.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I believe that size is an optioanl size for the crew cabs, so you should be OK no matter what. They really couldn't say that aftermarket tires caused the suspension damage anyway, but if you're getting that size, at least your bases are covered anyway.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

Ray-Laconico wrote:I'm only thinking of a little bigger tire like 235/75r15 but with an offroad tread.
Mine came with those. They can't void the warranty.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Ray-Laconico wrote:I'm feeling a very slight bump or looseness on my steering wheel when I turn left. It is not enough for me to want to take to the dealer to fix because they'll probably tell me there's nothing wrong and I'll feel stupid.
How are your tires wearing?

Since you are going to be getting new tires , invest in a frontend alignment check. Some places won't charge if they find it to be in spec.
They will also check for worn parts, so you won't feel stupid when you take it to the dealership. (BTW, sending it to an alignment shop to be checked is what most of the dealers do.)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Ray-Laconico wrote:I'm feeling a very slight bump or looseness on my steering wheel when I turn left. It is not enough for me to want to take to the dealer to fix because they'll probably tell me there's nothing wrong and I'll feel stupid. I'm just wondering if I put bigger tires on my truck, the dealership might blame that for the problem with my steering if I do take it in someday. I'm only thinking of a little bigger tire like 235/75r15 but with an offroad tread.
Sounds like a worn idler arm, have it fixed under warranty. These are prone to go bad soon.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

a2b wrote:no it will not but the dealer might tell you so but they are a bunch of liars
I wonder what the dealer would say about my truck :?
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
dhawke
Crew
Crew

Post by dhawke »

Just tell them you ordered the Solid Front Axle Option! I'll bet you could get at least one guy to start looking it up on the computer!! :lol:
[size=75]'03 Crew K&N Drop-in, Sylvania Silverstars, BFG AT KO's(30X9.5X15)[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:lol: