Plz guys...Need some FeedBack..

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

Plz guys...Need some FeedBack..

Post by michael_4x4 »

Guys....im sitting at a stop light on a hill..i always take off easy..but i go to take off and the tranny slips..slips...and then i take off..i had the trani serviced at the dealership where i work...and it did it again...im thinking of getting rid of my truck :?: :?: im getting ready to start college and need something depenable..i mudded it alot when i first got it..and highly regret it..just need info on what you guys think
[size=75]Contact me anytime at
Michael_4x4_15@hotmail.com
2"BL.Torison Bar crank..clear corners..ebay air intake siruis satelite radio scanner hitch tailights tint all around...stero systemhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/693359[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

How many miles on it?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

and have you checked your tranny fluid level???
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

top_sgt wrote:and have you checked your tranny fluid level???
This would be a good place to start. :wink: Make sure you are parked on a level surface and check the fluid with the engine running and the transmission in (P) Park. It also helps to check the fluid after it has warmed up a bit. This will give you a more accurate reading. Does this slipping problem happen in every gear or only in (D) Drive? When you had the transmission serviced, what exactly did they do? After the transmission slips and goes into gear, is it harsh or does it gradually go into gear?

Steve
michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

Post by michael_4x4 »

they did a flush on the transmission...the truck has about 41000 miles on it and all i know is that i have it do it while in drive..i will be checking the tranni fluid..
2"BL.Torison Bar crank..clear corners..ebay air intake siruis satelite radio scanner hitch tailights tint all around...stero systemhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/693359[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

michael_4x4 wrote:they did a flush on the transmission...
Did they also replace the trans filter? Some shops are lazy and don't install a new filter seal which can cause a leak resulting in air being sucked into the fluid intake tube which can cause slipping problems. :roll:

Steve
michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

Post by michael_4x4 »

they said that you dont need to replace the filters...they told me it gets cleaned in the flush...did i get bulls######?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

michael_4x4 wrote:they said that you dont need to replace the filters...they told me it gets cleaned in the flush...did i get bullshited?
Things may have changed but, to the best of my knowledge, the answer is YES! Steve or HJ may correct me on it though. How is your ATF level? That would be the easiest answer if, you found it low. Make sure it is hot, and the engine is running while on level ground.

BTW, good looking CC :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

michael_4x4 wrote:they said that you dont need to replace the filters...they told me it gets cleaned in the flush...did i get bullshited?
yes....you got BS'd!!!!

with 41000...you need you filter changed......maybe even twice by now!!!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think changing the filter is a good idea. You waste five or six quarts of fliud, but there is no better way to get all the debris out of that filter. Not to mention you get to inspect the pan for signs of impending doom.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK