Trouble ordering transfercase switch *solved*

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Trouble ordering transfercase switch *solved*

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Split topic-HJ

gmpartsdirect.com didn't have the switch. I used the new switch part # and even tried the old switch part #, but I just get:
"No parts were found matching your search. The part numbers you seek have either changed to a new part number or no longer available from GM."

Did the number change?
'02 Crew Cab
'73 Datsun 240Z with Buick Grand National engine swap
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Comes up fine at Chuck Hutton - 89059420 SWITCH 2 1556H $ 29.02

and GM parts Direct - GM PART # 89059420
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
GM LIST: $35.51
OUR PRICE: $20.23
DESCRIPTION: SWITCH

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Well, what the heck... I enter the part number in the search box from the main page on GMpartsdirect and still get nothing. Do I need an account with them in order to, ah, order?
'02 Crew Cab
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Mat73GNZ wrote:Well, what the heck... I enter the part number in the search box from the main page on GMpartsdirect and still get nothing.
The standard answer is ... check your browser settings :lol: I'm not sure what the problem is. You might try another browser, check cookie settings, etc.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Thanks for the help. I just tried putting the part number in thier advanced search and it worked! Ordering right now :D
'02 Crew Cab
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

$20.23 :shock: My Dealer hosed me!! How about $47.80 :evil: I guess thats what I get for just telling em to do something without asking the price.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Well, I didn't order it from GMfartsdirect after I found out that shipping was going to be almost $10! So, I figured I would wait and see what it would cost from my local dealership. Called them this morning and was quoted $35. For an extra $4 I could pick it up from the dealership and install it today while the weather was near 60 degrees in Wisconsin. It's funny though, I went to the stealership to pick it up and the reciept they gave me said $57! I told them I was quoted $35 and I heard someone getting yelled at in the back for quoting me the wholesale price and then the parts guy gave it to me for wholesale :D

Took all of 15 minutes to locate the switch take it out and put in the new one. Luckily, there was no fluid in any of the lines. A 7/8" open end wrench works just fine on a stock Crew Cab.

EDIT: Thanks for splitting the topic. I didn't mean to muddy up the other post.
'02 Crew Cab
rlith
Crew
Crew

Post by rlith »

Are you guys talking about the vac switch on top of the transfer case? They only run 17 bux in the help section of advance autoparts.
[size=75]See my ride at www.pghconsulting.net/teal[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

rlith wrote:Are you guys talking about the vac switch on top of the transfer case? They only run 17 bux in the help section of advance autoparts.
Yes, but does that one have the redesign to prevent contamination of the vacuum system?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
rlith
Crew
Crew

Post by rlith »

HenryJ wrote:
rlith wrote:Are you guys talking about the vac switch on top of the transfer case? They only run 17 bux in the help section of advance autoparts.
Yes, but does that one have the redesign to prevent contamination of the vacuum system?
Yep... It's essentially got a built in check valve... I had to replace mine. My dealer parts guy told me not to waste my money and even gave me the help part num... We compared it to what they had on hand and even had some of the same stamping. Guess help and gm get some of their stuff manufactured at the same place.
[size=75]See my ride at www.pghconsulting.net/teal[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is not the check valve that was the problem. It was the seals. They broke down when subjected to the transmission fluid.

Good to know they were redesigned as well though. How do you tell if you are getting the new style? Lots of old parts are still on the shelves.

- ThunderII KE7CSK