Part Number for Rear Axle Cover housing gasket

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Part Number for Rear Axle Cover housing gasket

Post by smokinjoe »

Pretty self explanatory. part number 26016661. at least this is the gasket i got from my dealer, i have the 3.42 gears, i dont think that it makes a dofference but who know, mine was 7.18 from the dealer before taxes, its listed at www.gmpartsdirect.com for 4 and some change, although they list the qty as 2
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I would just go to a local auto parts store and get one there. The Felpro brand is a good one and it does have the correct side oiling holes for the axel bearings. I know GM has been putting the wrong gasket on all 10 bolts since the early 90's. When I did my fluid change and install of the Summit aluminum cover I noticed that the factory gasket completely blocked the oiling holes which is not good for the axel bearings. I'm not sure though if the GM replacement has the holes or not.
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

What is the part number for the Felpro. I have had about all the argueing I can take down at Advance and Pep Boys. According to them... my truck doesn't have a rear differential, apparently.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Can they get you a part number for your truck's muffler bearings, or flux capacitor though?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Thought I'd add a link to the Napaonline gasket-
Item#: NGAP27872

Price: $ 3.99

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

Maybe I'll ask them for the number on a Fuel Atomization Module, or an Oil Recovery Stick... maybe even a Lug Torsion Bar :)

I'm gonna get a Napa gasket... why not. Especially after finding out that the cheapest dealer around me charges $42.95 + $22.95 for G80 for a rear dif change.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Don't forget the turn signal fluid...
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:Thought I'd add a link to the Napaonline gasket-
Item#: NGAP27872

Price: $ 3.99
Notice the lack of oiling holes on the sides? The Felpro gasket does have the correct oiling holes. I don't have the part # at this time, but it really shouldn't be that hard to get a differential gasket for our trucks.