Sub box for my 04 CC

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

kredfearn
Regular
Regular

Sub box for my 04 CC

Post by kredfearn »

I've been planning on putting a sub in my CC for a while now. I bought a 10" sub and a truck box off eBay thinking that was it. Was I wrong :oops: When I finally got around to putting it behind the seat it didn't fit like I thought it would. The seat would not latch back in place. I saw what a few people were doing to make it work but I didn't like the idea. So I decided to go a whole different route. Bought two 6.5 subs off eBay and went to work. I took some measurement's and cut out a cardboard mock up of a new box. I just got the all pieces cut out today and dry fitted together. I only had a Jig saw to work with so the lines are not perfectly straight but will be filled in later. The box is made out of 1/2" MDF and measures 5.5"(bottom depth) x 2.5"(top depth) x 8" (tall) x 24"(wide). In the pictures its sitting on the back side. When installed the subs will be facing the back of the seat. The angle on the box allows an inch of clearance between the box and the seat when its latched in place. Got a good start and still have a lot more to do. Just thought I'd share with you guys.

ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Sub box for my 04 CC

Post by ApproachMedium »

Looks good. Ebay subs may not last too long, or play the best but hey at least you can get a good feel for how its going to fit and sound that way and you can go for something fancier later on if you so choose.

I would like to see it installed in the truck. Where do you plan on putting the amp? Also do you plan on running the wires to a side terminal instead of the rear for better clearance?
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

any updates?
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
kredfearn
Regular
Regular

Post by kredfearn »

ApproachMedium wrote:Looks good. Ebay subs may not last too long, or play the best but hey at least you can get a good feel for how its going to fit and sound that way and you can go for something fancier later on if you so choose.

I would like to see it installed in the truck. Where do you plan on putting the amp? Also do you plan on running the wires to a side terminal instead of the rear for better clearance?
I'm planning on mounting the amp on the back trim panel just above the jack behind the seat. The wires will be ran to a terminal on the back. The top of the box rests up against the trim panel leaving about a 1/2" gap behind the box so the wires will have plenty of clearance. I'll post some mock up pic's this weekend.
kredfearn
Regular
Regular

Post by kredfearn »

The only update I have is that I've got the box glued, nailed, gaps filled, sealed and sanded smooth. I still have to order some carpet and speaker grills yet. Once that stuff gets ordered I'll be able to wire and install the subs.
stallzero

Post by stallzero »

awesome id love to see the pictures of that if yall are active