DVD Install

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

MikeyZR5

DVD Install

Post by MikeyZR5 »

Anyone install a DVD system in their trucks?
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I have the flip out lcd.. occasionally i bring x-box to play games or watch dvd's on long trips. I had intentions of mounting the x-box somewhere just not sure where to :?:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: DVD Install

Post by Conman »

MikeyZR5 wrote:Anyone install a DVD system in their trucks?

we talked about this in the old voy.com forum before your time. What I was planning on doing was to use a PSOne LCD/Playstion screen/combo($140) and cut it up to fit the cubby hole in the ceiling. I bought a KOSS/Target DVD player which ran on 12volts. You just need to goto Radio shack for a lighet plug wire. I found at BabiesRus, the Menda(not sure of the spelling) breast pump "car adapter" plus worked perfect with that DVD player. The player is now 79bucks at target and that plug was about 15. To connect the DVD player to the LCD, I had a Canon Camcorder AV cable which was in a nutshell, an RCA to mini stereo plug cable. This cable I think was available at Walmart and RS for like 6bucks. The PSOne has a Car Power adapter also which was 40bucks.

I ended up not cutting up the PSOne LCD cause it looked so good. Plus since te whole thing was portable, I could move it to another car. Plus those portable DVD players with screens are like 300bucks so it can be done easier and just as cheap as this setup. You don't get a PSOne though which we used on a road trip a few weeks ago.

Def. those indash LCD screens is the best solution but pricey.

Good Luck,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
ronnie
Regular
Regular

Post by ronnie »

i just install the alpine cva-1003 in mine is just and indash unit with a flipout monitor crutchfield has them onsale right now for 599 its last year model ,im ordering an under the dash dvd player that plays mp3s and everything else to mount either under the ashtry area or removing the part of the dash were ash tray is then mounting it there
2003 s-10 zr5 crew cab leaather,dvd/mp3 player,monitor,10' mtx thuderform,,i have a website selling jeep and other 4x4 please email me if looking for lift kit,seatcovers,performance parts,919-524-3595
code3crew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

screen install

Post by code3crew »

I thought the other day that the overhead console 3rd compartment back(cd compartment) would work great for a lcd screen it does not go down 90 degrees but you could modify it. that would work great and also be hidden.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: screen install

Post by Conman »

code3crew wrote:I thought the other day that the overhead console 3rd compartment back(cd compartment) would work great for a lcd screen it does not go down 90 degrees but you could modify it. that would work great and also be hidden.
That is where I wanted to mount the PSOne screen as it can go down 90 degrees if you lift up the two tabs on either side. I decided againt this cause one, I did not want to cut up the screen after all, two, it was right in the way of seeing in the rear view mirror when down, plus three when you look over your shoulder, it was in the way to check the blind spot.

Going forward, my suggestion is to just find a portable DVD player that has a built in LCD screen(I saw a few selling for 175bucks at best buy and others places) and most have a bag for them to sling them onto the rear. They got so cheap that it's not worth it to go custom.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 3900050018

They are not trick looking like something built in but the price is right.

If you do want something more trick, those headrest LCD units are getting cheap as well. JCW was selling clip on and the hard mount Head rest versions for under 200bucks now.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Image Here's what I had in mind $89 +free shipping then find screen unit & player on ebay. Console is for a blazer but I bet it would fit.Image I've seen this stuff on ebay last weekend pretty cheap.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]