aftermarket radio harness adapter

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Regular
Regular

aftermarket radio harness adapter

Post by newbie »

does anyone know what model wireing harness adapter is needed for out trucks I bought one that sadi it was for 02 thru 02 s-10 and it didnt work and i bought the 94 thru 01 s-10 and so far no luck nothing even close, also does anyone know with dash adapter to buy, the one I bought said it was for my truck and the adapter isnt wide enough to reach the mounting hole in the dash. I have an 02 crew cab LS with out the rds just the regular single cd and casset. I already bought a new radio and have the dash stripped but and stuck a a stand still until I figure out the problem. oh yeah and so far I have been buying Scosche products with no luck

Thanks
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

If the radio has the cassette and cd player in the dash this one should do the trick.Autotoys.com
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I purchased the scosche with no issues. I am assuming that you need the adapter for 02 and up. There are some pretty good threads around here on that issue. Check this thread for some more info on it.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
Regular
Regular

Post by newbie »

mine is the early 02 model with the din and a half head unit with the tape deck in the lower counsel does the S-10 houseing work for the crews? it the said it was for earlier years but dash seems so jacked up anything is possible at this point
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I purchased the one for 2001 s-10s and it fits in my early model 02. I would purchase locally in case you have the need to return.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
Regular
Regular

Post by newbie »

thanks for all the help guys :D i finally found the right parts at best buy and circuit city i paid about twice as much as I was paying at meijer and the autoshops but at least I got the right parts, now i just gotta get rid of the depth problem and ill be all set :D 8) :D