New Subs??????

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

New Subs??????

Post by Maximous »

has anybody seen these or know if they could work without cutting metal? i dont care if i have to take off the plastic or remove the jack cover, i can put the jack and stuff in the bed, i have a locking cover, http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 81,00.html
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

You should probably be able to custom make a box to fit those behind the back seat because the mounting depth is so short. You may need to mod the seat to bring it forward an inch by adding washers. And you may also have to cut out some carpet and plastic behind the seat to make enough space, but I'm sure it could be done. I have a 10" sub fit just fine and I still have the jack where it belongs.

By the looks of it, that 12" sub with a shorter mounting depth would work just fine.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
stainlesst

Post by stainlesst »

i have two of those with a huge amp (2.4kwt!!!!!) these suckers are fair with one but multiples they rock! i am customizing my boxes for them right now. you can get the cubic inches down to half a cu ft. thats freakishly small for a 12' sub! my demension are a 14(L)x16(H)x6 1/2(BD)x angled top depth. i probably will have to adjust back seat hieght.
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

so i take it, take the for sale sign off the CC and by some pioneer subs? one......two......??????

i want as much bass as possible, i think this would work for me, i wont cut anything, i will remove the plastic and just put it up, but i would prefer not to permanantly alter, yall think with only needing 3 1/4in depth and .5 cubic foot airspace that these would work?
radziej

Post by radziej »

ha you know what i was going to worry about space for my sub, after searching for the right sized sub for about 3 months(off & on) I came to a quick realization. I said F**K IT! I want bump and I don't care if the people in the back have room or not! So i put a ported box stuffed with an Alpine Type-R 10''! I put the amp behind the back seat and thats was the best decision I could've made! Hope this Helps! I have a new 10'' Kicker L5 in a truck box(Kicker Box) that has dual 2ohm voice coils if anyone wants it... (i don't have enough amp to run it so i haven't used it)
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

i dont have the option of saying F it, i need space, got two kids that already kick the backs of the seats, so this is a space saver kinda deal
Connerbug

Post by Connerbug »

I'd like to see a picture of the 12" Pioneer subs installed in stainlesst's CC
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

Remember to take in to consideration the sub movement. My MTX box was tight to the back of the seat without cutting the extra metal right under the window ( just enough to get the box in). 3 1/2 inches at the top of the sub plus box material thickness will be pushing it I think without some type of modding.