Power Wire Help

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

jmb222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Power Wire Help

Post by jmb222 »

I need to run a power wire from the battery into the cab for my Bazooka tube. Where is the best place? I did some searching and there seems to be 2 options:

- Passenger footwell - There is a grommet there with one wire in it already. Is this the antenna wire and if so, will that cause interference with my radio?

- Under the Jack cover - Haven't looked there, yet.

Is there any more?

I just don't want to drill a hole in the firewall and have a place for rust to start.

Any help is appreciated.

Jason
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I ran both the power wire for my Bazooka tube and the one for my Ham radio through the antenna grommet in the passenger side footwell-

That is probably the best place , and I have had no interference issues.

The other place that I have run wires is through the rubber boot of the firewall bulkhead wiring connection in the upper left hand portion of the drivers side foot well. The wires enter the engine compartment between the fender and the brake booster. This is a much harder place to insert wires. I use a long piece of brass rod or gas welding rod to puncture through attach the wire and pull back through. This works pretty well for wires up to 14ga. in size.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I used the same 1 as HJ has pictured above
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I have also done the same thing as HJ... I have my amp with a 10 inch sub powered through that gromet. I have also used that gromet to run my wires for my driving lights on the Safari Bar. No problems at all

-Bob
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]