12 Volt Aux outlet

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

IBSonoma
Regular
Regular

12 Volt Aux outlet

Post by IBSonoma »

Hello out there, anyone out there know of a part number for a 12 volt aux outlet to put under the dash. My 2000 S10 had a 2 holer from the factory but the '04 did not come with one. I'm hoping for a plug and play as I've heard the plug is hidden under the dash in the harness.

Thanks,
Frank
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hit the salvage yards. There is a thread around here somewhere about it.
You will need the harness and lower dash panel.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

same here my 01 crew had it and my 04 didn't. :shock: :shock:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Here's the information that you are looking for , with pictures- Multiple Cig. Lighters? ( power ports )

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

I am having the same problem. My 2000 had the 2-holer and my 2005 has none.

2004 and 2005 S-10s and Blazers did not come with the extra power plugs under the dash that previous years had.

The parts that need to be added are the lower center insulator, two cigarette lighters, and a small auxiliary wiring harness that plugs into the main harness in the dash.

I just got the part to add them, and the auxiliary wiring harness that attaches to the back of the plugs. Now the question remains regarding where this thing plugs into in the main wiring harness.

Here is the thread for a topic I started on this subject before:

Thread on Aux Power Plug Insulator

I don't know what to plug this into, but here are some pics of the connector on the auxiliary wiring harness. If someone can look at the main harness and figure out where we plug it in, please let me know.

Pics of auxiliary wiring harness and connector

Thanks,
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

grey end plugs into the auxilliary outlets from what I can tell - and the white end plus into the connector in the factory wiring - should be located somewhere behind the glovebox - took me about 2 minutes of feeling around to find it.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Can you post up some pics please?
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

will take a couple tomorrow. It will require me removing the panels again, and possibly the glovebox.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Thank you,

I did remove my glovebox previously and couldn't seem to find the plug. A pic might really help me.

Here is the link to the part with the outlets on eBay:

Insulator with Power Plugs

If you have a local junkyard you can get it there, or at GM Parts direct.
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Ok- these may not be the best pics - but they should lead you in the right direction.

In this first pic you can see both ends of the wiring harness that attaches to the outlets, and the end that plugs into the factory wiring harness.

In this pic I was trying to point at the plug wiring with my nut driver - but apparently I was holding my camera wrong. the small loom that is tape wrapped is the plg wiring - it goes up to where it comes out of the main factory wiring loom.

In this third pic - I again could have had better camera angles, but you can see that the plug wiring and the wiring for the under dash courtesy light come out of the wiring harness at the same relative point. The tape-wrapped wires in the bottom left half of the pic is the plug wiring - the other is the light wiring.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Thank you. Can you please tell me the part number on the wiring harness in your rig. I pulled my glove box apart today and couldn't seem to find anything yet.

Also, if you look at the fuse box, does yours have a fuse for Auxiliary power?
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

RaleighBlaZeR2 wrote:...Can you please tell me the part number on the wiring harness in your rig...
What part number is yours?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

It says 6370 on the tape wrapped around the wires

wiring harness
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GM part numbers have eight digits. That is more likely to be just an inspection or location tag. Mine is 8544, but I would bet it will vary from plant to plant and date.

Does this mean that you are seriously considering ordering a new wiring harness for your vehicle and then installing it? For two lousy wires :crazy: Do you see where I am going here? The part number is moot, since no one in their right mind would consider swapping a harness for two wires. You can't just get those wires and add them to your harness if you don't have them, it is a complete assembly.

You have been given many ways to accomplish this. If you are not capable, it is best that you find someone who is.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Mine is 8544 as well.

I agree - there are waaay to many ways to add the power to the aux underdash 12V plugs - the hard part is actually finding the part.

Running a 12V lead to power them is not. You could always tap off your existing wiring for the ashtray cig lighter, or the 12V lead for your stereo - either switched or constant - that way you can decide if you want those ports hot all the time or not. You could even wire one to the cig lighter in the ashtray, and one to the 12V switched wire at the radio and have one that is constantly powered (for charging cellphones or laptops, CB radios) and the other is switched for accessories you don't want left on while you're not in the truck.

The only reason I left both of mine factory as an always-on, is that I hav already run a separate accessory plg for my XM radio turner to plug into - I wanted it on switched power.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

No not considering adding a new one. I am just wondering if my vehicle has the same wiring harness as those in 2003 that have the aux plugs. If so, the wires should be there already.

I would very much like to find the plug that this auxiliary wiring harness plugs into, either on the main harness or by itself.

I wonder if 6370 is for Blazers and 8544 is for CC. I want mine to always be on, just like factory in my 2000 Blazer2.

I tried to install the SI service software I got off of eBay on this computer, but it doesn't seem to work.
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Well mine is a blazer so that kinda blows that theory - if the plug isn't right there - then yours just doesn't have it.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Yup. The crew cabs got the same wiring harness as all the utilites too, That is why the wiring and connectors for the hatch release/wiper/washer are there instead of the airbag switch.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

That is why we can't turn off our airbags...the hatch?
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

RaleighBlaZeR2 wrote:That is why we can't turn off our airbags...the hatch?
We have a rear seat to put a child restraint in, therefore no need to have a cut off.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

okay. That explains it. Thanks.
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

f9k9 wrote:
RaleighBlaZeR2 wrote:That is why we can't turn off our airbags...the hatch?
We have a rear seat to put a child restraint in, therefore no need to have a cut off.

:!: I'm special, I have the rear seat and the cut off. I belive that i ahve the wiring harness found in an extended cab. I'll find out when it comes time to add an overhead console.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I like the way my wifes new JEEP is you have to weigh a certain amount while sitting in the front for the Airbag to even turn on
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

border man wrote:...I'm special, I have the rear seat and the cut off. I belive that i ahve the wiring harness found in an extended cab. I'll find out when it comes time to add an overhead console.
Yep, Yours was a conversion rather than a production line build. Unique in many ways!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

You got the "DEE DA DEE" of crew Cabs

carlosmencia
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Yep, Yours was a conversion rather than a production line build. Unique in many ways!
Yep, I have untinted windows all the way around that say made/brazil, i have a tan interior, no dash speakers/overhead console, the air bag switch and I'm also missing all of you guy's problems :lol: :lol:
They must not be unionized in South America. Happy workers=Good trucks.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Actually you probably have less problems because it is a conversion. They had to tear down and rebuild by hand and then still be able to have it warranted by GM so they took the time to do it right.
I would have loved to be able to get the tan interior in my green truck but chevy believes you can have any color interior you want as long as it some shade of grey. I also am looking at getting the extra power outlets into my truck since they decided the 03 and 04 didn't deserve them stock. :x
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

When I look at the schematic for my interior glove box this is what I see:

Fuse schematic

However, when I look at the actual fuses I see this:

Fuses

Notice that aux power 20 amp fuse appears to be missing. I am curious to find out whether or not this fuse is missing in rigs that have the auxiliary plugs, rigs that do have them, and rigs that you guys are finding the tap off of the main wiring harness from.

Here is the wiring harness from mine. Notice that the wires that come off of mine appear to go to light in the passenger side instead.

My wiring harness in glovebox
Last edited by TexasBlaZeR2 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Tom,

Did you get my email?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Yes. I just read it. I also replied to it with a copy of a wiring diagram I had which I think addresses your questions.

Thanks,
Last edited by TexasBlaZeR2 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

RaleighBlaZeR2 wrote:Yes. I just read it. I also replied to it with a copy of a wiring diagram I had which I think addresses your questions. Can you please let me know.

Thanks,
That was pretty fast since I sent my email before 8 this morning :lol:

Will look at it in the morning.
TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

We actually got up at 6:00 to go to Sears and stand in line for $10 gift cards. Of course I bought some Craftsman tools...LOL. Got a new cordless screwdriver/drill to work on my truck, etc. Have been going all day since then.

This electrical stuff is giving me headaches... :P

I had to resend to your other email address because when I replied to the one you answered from in your last email the mail server rejected it.
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)