A/C Blower???

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

cubanfisher
Regular
Regular

A/C Blower???

Post by cubanfisher »

Well whenever i go for a trip longer than 3 hours and have the a/c running eventually the air will slow down. usually i will have it on "1" speed and if i try to increase it all you here is like extra noise but no stronger air. the extra noise has a rumble to it. im assuming its my blower motor. any ideas?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Sounds like the bearings are going in the blower motor time for a new one.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Sounds like the your evaporator is freezing up. Some times when it is cool outside and you run the air for a long period it will freeze up. Next time try running it on ac and not on max. This will run the warmer air from outside through the evaporator and it won't freeze up.
Or it could be your low presser switch is keeping your compressor on to long and making it freeze up.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
cubanfisher
Regular
Regular

Post by cubanfisher »

either one sounds like a solution. im going on a 500 miles trip this weekend. anything visually i can look for on the evaporator? to me personally it sounds like bearings in the blower but i can be wrong. any chance it can be linked to my slipping clutch on my compressor?