2001 OEM AM/FM CD Radio, CD/AUX button

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Dennis S

2001 OEM AM/FM CD Radio, CD/AUX button

Post by Dennis S »

A while back, I broke down a bought an ipod. I had a rental car a few months back with an AUX input on the front of the radio/CD player, I plugged in the ipod, hit the CD/AUX button and enjoyed songs from my ipod. Recently, I noticed that the OEM radio in my '01CC has a CD/AUX button but not a front panel input jack. Is there a possibility that there is an AUX input on the back of the Radio? I wanted to ask before I dug into the dash.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Radio Mod ( aux inputs )

There is not an input. You can add an adapter and eliminate the cassette deck. That is what I did.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Dennis S

Post by Dennis S »

My radio doesn't have the Cassette or I'd "borrow" the cassette adapter I bought for the wife's van. I tried an FM transmitter but the reception sucked... maybe I bought a cheap one.... I was hoping for a direct connection without having to go out and buy a new radio that would look half-way decent.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

If your 2001 is a 1 and a half DIN size and has the factory option for an external cassette deck (AUX) you should have an open connector on the back of the radio for the remote cassette deck. The are adapters for that for interface with an IPOD.Peripheral Electronics Has a couple of models for GM I think the GMASX might work. You might need to pull the factory radio to check for the connection or give them a call and see if it's a go or not.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Wow. Didn't even read the link I supplied.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

HenryJ wrote:Wow. Didn't even read the link I supplied.
Don't ya hate when that happens
Dennis S

Post by Dennis S »

04crewvt wrote:If your 2001 is a 1 and a half DIN size and has the factory option for an external cassette deck (AUX) you should have an open connector on the back of the radio for the remote cassette deck. The are adapters for that for interface with an IPOD.
I guess I'll pull the radio and check to see if there's an open connector on the back. Thanks for the idea.