radio wont keep station memory...

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

crew cab sonoma
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

radio wont keep station memory...

Post by crew cab sonoma »

on my 2000 ext. cab, the stock CD radio wont keep station memory after turing off the ign.
the presets work properly while the truck is running.
but the clock will still keep the correct time?
i figured it was a bad fuse, but all fuses in the dash fuse panel are good.

anybody else had this problem? any suggestions?
thanks.
[size=75]Lee

01 Sonoma Crew Cab 2.21 60ft. 10.24 @ 66.5 mph (1/8mi.)(SOLD)
00 Sonoma Ext. Cab 4WD. front axle removed, Torsen diff. W4M pcm. 2.10 60ft. 9.64 @ 71.0 mph (1/8 mi.)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I checked GM Data quickly for your 2000 and was unable to find a a problem like yours. Could the previous owner had an aftermarket head in it and then put the stock head back in before they sold it? Could be a botched rewire job if they did. It's a pretty easy job to pull it and check it.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
crew cab sonoma
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

thanks for checking. ill pull it this weekend, if time permits, and have a look.
[size=75]Lee

00 Sonoma Ext. Cab 4WD. front axle removed, Torsen diff. W4M pcm. 2.10 60ft. 9.64 @ 71.0 mph (1/8 mi.)[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

If the radio is keeping the correct time, I don't think the wiring is the problem. More than likelly the unit itself is defective.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
crew cab sonoma
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

yeah, thats what im thinking too...
[size=75]Lee

2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Recently had a problem with the radio changing stations on its own. However only when set to 105.1, on preset #2 on FM1........Really oddball problem.

Dealership replaced the unit under warranty for me.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I didn't catch the clock thing so, Walt is correct. I only lose the clock when battery is unhooked and never the presets. Sorry
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
loki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by loki »

Hey hey!!

Speaking of radios, can anyone pass along the phone numbers and dealer numbers for unlocking the radio?

I bought my truck used, and it didn't come with the unlock codes. I found it once on the net for my xtreme, but now I can't seem to find it. I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the codes handy.
[size=75]I love Homer Simpsons shoes[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Unless it was activated you really don't need them. Newer ones pretty much require the dealerships. The light blinks but, I have unhooked my battery 100x w/ no problem.
loki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by loki »

Hey hey!!

My radio works fine, but when I stored my xtreme I unplugged the battery and the radio locked. The dealer wanted about 100 bucks to unlock it.

I found the phone number and a dealer code on the net, all you do is call, and feed in the dealer numbers and the numbers the radio gives you, and presto an unlocked radio. I just think it would wise to have the unlock numbers handy.

If anyone is intresed I can post them when I find them.
[size=75]I love Homer Simpsons shoes[/size]
crew cab sonoma
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

i think ill just try to dig up another stock radio for cheap.
i dont really have any use for a fancy aftermarket setup.
i mainly listen to talk radio anyway, so it doesnt have to
be top of the line for that. :? :shock:
[size=75]Lee

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Unlocking "older" radios

Thanks to Top and myself, things were getting a bit OT, so I've moved the appropriate posts to this thread in the Electrical Modifications forum. -W :D