NO brake lights, fuse ok *solved*

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

NO brake lights, fuse ok *solved*

Post by ace »

I was at a stoplight and a lady told me I don't have any brake lights and she almost rear ended me. So I checked the fuse under the hood for stp lmps but it was ok. I did just have my vent problem solved at the dealer and I'm wondering if something got shorted but I'm not sure. Is there more than that one fuse under the hood?
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Just from what I've read, it seems that the solution to alot of brake lamp problems is the ground located on one of the framerails in the back. Check that first :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

wamason wrote:Just from what I've read, it seems that the solution to alot of brake lamp problems is the ground located on one of the framerails in the back. Check that first :)
I had a similar problem one time and it turned out to be one of the ground wires attached to the rear part of the frame. It is unlikely that all of your tail light bulbs burned out at the same time, but you should check them anyway. Do any of the tail lights work, like the turn signals, or running lights, or is everything completely dead? :?

Steve
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

check to see if your front blinkers work if so theres a ground on the back passanger side frame rail ,I had the same sorta problem and it was my ground
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

If the back blinkers work, you only mention brake lights, then it might be the brake switch.
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Snoman002 wrote:If the back blinkers work, you only mention brake lights, then it might be the brake switch.
You got it, faulty wire connection to the switch. All fixed now. :D
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snowsurfer »

Outside top cab third brake lite inop? Replace blown fuse still no stop lites on top of cab, any ideas? All other lites work, brake lites work on tail ok just inop on top back of cab? Any idea's appreciated?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

snowsurfer wrote:Outside top cab third brake lite inop? Replace blown fuse still no stop lites on top of cab, any ideas? All other lites work, brake lites work on tail ok just inop on top back of cab? Any idea's appreciated?
What about the light bulb? :idea: If it's ok, then how do the bulb contacts look?

Steve