No Rear Speakers ?

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

No Rear Speakers ?

Post by killian96ss »

The other day when I got in my truck and turned on the stereo I noticed that both of my rear speakers were not working at all. They were working the day before, but nothing now. Does this sound like the factory stereo has gone bad, or maybe a harness has somehow become disconnected? Has this happened to anyone else here? I don't think the speakers are the problem since they both worked the day before this happened. Any ideas? :?

Steve
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

this may sound silly....but did you check the fad control on the radio???
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

top_sgt wrote:this may sound silly....but did you check the fad control on the radio???
Not silly at all :D

My wife has informed me that she took her car in to a garage because she had no dash/instrument lights :shock:

Yep, you guessed :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

f9k9 wrote:My wife has informed me that she took her car in to a garage because she had no dash/instrument lights

Yep, you guessed

your wife wouldn't happen to be blonde would she? :lol: I hope my wife doesn't read this, she has been known to come on here and read this and she is a blonde. :shock:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Steve2003 wrote:............your wife wouldn't happen to be blonde would she? :lol: I hope my wife doesn't read this, she has been known to come on here and read this and she is a blonde. :shock:
Bleached and admits to falling into the blonde stereotype :lol:

Have I got some stories :roflmao:

List your email in your profile and I will email a killer of a blonde video if you have not already seen it. It's called "Blonde star" but, we are drifting off topic once again 8)
:hide:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

F9K9
You have a pm.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

top_sgt wrote:this may sound silly....but did you check the fad control on the radio???
:lol: Yes :lol: I'm sure that's not the problem :roll:

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Have you tried turning up the volume and setting the fader to rear only and listening for any sound (static, music, popping, etc...)?

Sounds like the rear channels of the of radio's built0in amp may have gone bad. A perfect time to get an Alpine :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

wamason wrote:Have you tried turning up the volume and setting the fader to rear only and listening for any sound (static, music, popping, etc...)? Sounds like the rear channels of the of radio's built0in amp may have gone bad. A perfect time to get an Alpine :D
When I set it to the rear speakers only and turn it up all the way there is no sound at all not even static. Maybe it is time to get that Kenwood Excelon I have been eye ballin lately. :idea:

Steve
rlith
Crew
Crew

Post by rlith »

killian96ss wrote:When I set it to the rear speakers only and turn it up all the way there is no sound at all not even static. Maybe it is time to get that Kenwood Excelon I have been eye ballin lately. :idea:

Steve
Get a pioneer AVH-7500 :P
[size=75]See my ride at www.pghconsulting.net/teal[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

I have the driver side back door not working, the other one is still working fine.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

Mine is doing the same thing. When I turn the fade to the rear no sound at all. Sometimes if you have the radio on for a while they will kick in out of nowhere. Sometimes one side will, sometimes both. So i know the speakers are good. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I don't wanna have to tear everything apart quite yet. :? [/i]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

doughboy5499 wrote:When I turn the fade to the rear no sound at all. Sometimes if you have the radio on for a while they will kick in out of nowhere. Sometimes one side will, sometimes both. So i know the speakers are good. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I don't wanna have to tear everything apart quite yet. :?
I still don't know what's wrong with my factory radio, but it is doing the exact same thing as yours. :? Your description of the problem is dead on to what mine is doing also. :!:

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I know this isn't what you guys want to hear, but a new head unit and some decent speakers will go a long way toward improving your sound quality....and fix your problem. :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

wamason wrote:a new head unit and some decent speakers will go a long way toward improving your sound quality....and fix your problem. :D
Your right, even the when all 6 speakers are working the sound quality isn't all that great. The factory system in my SS was even worse, which is exactly why I upgraded to Infinity speakers, amp and a Kenwood Excelon deck. I am considering taking the Kenwood deck out of the SS and puting it in the Crew, and getting something better for my car. :D

Steve
RA
Regular
Regular

Post by RA »

hey guys just wanted to let yall know im selling a complete kenwood excelon system on ebay if anyone is interested. i just bought all the stuff for my cc and changed my mind.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

RA, do you have a link to the items on E-Bay? :?:

Steve
RA
Regular
Regular

Post by RA »

hello, im not real for sure how to do the link but the item # is 5841410914 if you go to ebay and type the number in the search box it will bring it up.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

heres the link
KENWOOD COMPLETE SYSTEM KDC-X879,KAC-X541,KCA-S210A,&XM

the reserve must be up there you paid 197 for just the deck
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
RA
Regular
Regular

Post by RA »

yea, i paid over 500$ for everything with the shipping. i set the reserve at 444$ that would get most of my money back. i got a good deal on the items too.