The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Headlight height adjustment question

Post by Conman »

Hello,

I was carrying stuff in my pickup bed(not too heavy), and I was being flashed by almost everyone. I noticed our low beam headlights are pretty bright but it seems like I was being flashed too much. I noticed my drivers light is adjusted much higher than the pass. side. Since some of you have lifted the front some, how are you guys adjusting your lights after the lift?

I guess our suspension sags alot when loaded as I saw another Crew that looked like they had highbeams on too but he was on low beams but was towing a dual axle trailer causing his lights to shine up too.

I was thinking about putting higher watt. lights in but now I'm not going to do it for the low beams. just the high beams.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i havent adjusted nothing.mabey they are just 0ff. can y0u take it back t0 the dealer and get them t0 fix it?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Headlights

Post by Steven »

I've haven't been having any troubles with mine either. I've even got the APC Super Whites. They are the best headlight I've ever had. They really brighten/Clear objects up in the dark. I'm gonna change my high's too, when I'm driving down the road thats just black out (night), the superwhites are great and the regular high's are just yellow. I hardly even use my high's anymore cause I can see better with these super whites.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Lee
Regular
Regular

Headlites

Post by Lee »

I've installed the Eurolite Xenons in both my highs and lows, and I always run with my fog lites on. I never get flashed from anybody, but I don't normally tow anything either. By the way, your passenger side should be just a little higher than your driver side because it helps to extend your field of view without bothering drivers on the other side of the road.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What is the wattage, price and part# for the APC super whites?

I might be interested.

Anyone look into the "all lights on high beam" mod? I would like to be able to run the highs and lows together on high beam.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
dhawke
Crew
Crew

APC Superwhites

Post by dhawke »

I've had the APC's for about a month now. I actually went into the store looking for the Silvania Silverstars, but I let the kid working at the store talk me into the APC's because they are half the price of the Silvania's and they have the same 4000 deg. Kelvin color. Aside from the nagging fear that they will evenutally melt down my electrical system, and that I'll get a ticket for having them, I love 'em. Surprisingly, I have yet to have anyone flash me because they thought I was running my brights.

I spent $50 on replacing the high's and the lows. The Silvania's are $50 a set. I believe they are 85 Watts.

On a more somber note...anyone have any idea where the heck I can find a female torx socket so that I can FIX the right headlight that is pointing up about 3 feet higher than the left one?!?
[size=75]'03 Crew K&N Drop-in, Sylvania Silverstars, BFG AT KO's(30X9.5X15)[/size]
dhawke
Crew
Crew

Post by dhawke »

Okay...so, I was just going back and reading some of the replies to this issue. It sounds logical that the right headlight is higher than the left. Problem solved, now I don't have to fix it.

The answer to running both sets of lights when in HIGH beams is explained pretty well on another sight. Sorry, it's a Ford Ranger site. But they do know what they're talking about.

http://www.therangerstation.com/hibeams.html

I'd be very wary of doing this if you're already running higher wattage bulbs though. APC claims that you HAVE to use their upgraded harness when running the higher wattage bulbs. I'd hate to think what running both sets of bulbs would be pulling through the stock harness.....
[size=75]'03 Crew K&N Drop-in, Sylvania Silverstars, BFG AT KO's(30X9.5X15)[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

dhawke wrote:Okay...so, I was just going back and reading some of the replies to this issue. It sounds logical that the right headlight is higher than the left. Problem solved, now I don't have to fix it.

The answer to running both sets of lights when in HIGH beams is explained pretty well on another sight. Sorry, it's a Ford Ranger site. But they do know what they're talking about.

http://www.therangerstation.com/headlightupgrade.htm

I'd be very wary of doing this if you're already running higher wattage bulbs though. APC claims that you HAVE to use their upgraded harness when running the higher wattage bulbs. I'd hate to think what running both sets of bulbs would be pulling through the stock harness.....

Appears those high and low beam on conversions did not work with Day Time Running lights. But it appears there is a new kit from Painless wiring that address that issues so we can now run low and high beams at the same time. I'm Looking into this and let you guys know.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
bad bowtie
Regular
Regular

Post by bad bowtie »

I have the PIAA super white bulbs for my low beams and I have APC super white fog lights. I get flashed every so often but I fixed that by just turning down the littles a little.
2002 crewcab ZR5 -- dark metallic blue , 2" PA bodylift , 1.5"torsion bar and shackle lift , 31" BFG all-terrians , K&N airfilter and 40 series , Flowmaster exhaust , Leer 100XQ cap , AND MUCH MORE!!