Item needed. fender liner.

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Item needed. fender liner.

Post by LoneWolf04 »

There is a fender liner on the rear bed that protects the fuel filler hose from debris. Not sure if anyone has one laying around from doing cut out flares, or if they had to be removed for the flares. Looking to purchase 3 of them total. Searched the salvage yards and can't even find a crew to take one off of. Thanks in advance and let me know what you would like for it.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Item needed. fender liner.

Post by HenryJ »

You might make your own using some thin belting. I did that for mine after the body lift.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Possibly. The GM part was discontinued, already checked. Would like to get 3 more to put in the other locations to cut down on crap getting flung back to the rear bumper.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I bought one for my truck from LMC truck as it did not have one when I bought it.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Well I looked on LMC truck roadrunner and I see the part I need under the bed parts, page 41, but it is greyed out and not black, like they don't carry it. They show they carry the retaining bolt that attaches to it. By chance do you have a part number from when you ordered it?
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Sorry Wolf I do not have the number for the shield anymore. Probably thrown out last time I purged old papers. It would be rather easy to make your own. The shield is plastic and only about .050" thick. The "retaining bold" you see pictured in the catalog is in reality a plastic push-center retainer and can be found at your local parts store cheaper than ordering online. It is nothing special and has been used in various locations by gm for years. I would suggest making a pattern and cutting it to fit from light cardboard or construction paper. Trimming to fit as desired then transfer to final material for the shield. I did similar operation when I made my own mud and body deflector shields a few years ago.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.