2001 S-10 Crewcab - Custom Rock Crawler 4 *SOLD

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

2001 S-10 Crewcab - Custom Rock Crawler 4 *SOLD

Post by quickbiker »

With my redirection of hobbies going back to motorcycles/dirt bikes, I'm facing reality that my truck is just not being used as much as I used to, so I'm liquifying this hobby to get back into motorcycles:

Here's my auction ad
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: 2001 S-10 Crewcab - Custom Rock Crawler 4 sale

Post by F9K9 »

Arrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh! Say it ain't so, Paul!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

This makes me want to cry... :(
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Two wheels in his heart. I can understand consolidating projects and focusing on one. Someone will be a very happy wheeler soon.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

:(
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yes, it's a bitter sweet decision. I will miss it, but I've been aching for more physical type of outdoor activities that both my and my wife enjoy. We also want to get more serious about rock climbin (by hand).
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

quickbiker wrote:........ We also want to get more serious about rock climbin (by hand).
Where are you going to find challenging ones? You're already half way up when standing at the foot of a mountain.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Haha. There are some good places down south some, around the WV border.
stainlesst

Post by stainlesst »

oh my such a sad sight. you were originally my inspiration for doing an sas on my zr5. i am still in the build stage but i am so close and your np233 write up has helped hundreds i am sure. it will be sad to see it go... :cry:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Well... It's not gone yet. I ended the bid because I ended up having to work a few issues. I replaced the steering pump and works awesome now. But when I was out, the engine light came on, so I replaced the EGR valve, which it was still the original. Also when I had it apart and looked at the cooling fan, the metal center piece was cracked around the bolts. Very strange, and it had a wobble. Well, nobody stocked it, so I borrowed the one from our Blazer. Kinda nice having 2 of the same species around. So I put like 400 some miles over the weekend purchasing a couple of used dirt bikes, one for me and one for the wife. Well, I ended the auction because I don't like to sell something that's not perfect at the time I sell it.

Then, also, while I had it out, I forgot how much fun this thing is to drive. Then I also realized there is really no trucks out there that I would truely like, well, maybe one, but I don't have $50k for a new Dodge Power Wagon. That's about what I would have to get to have something equal (except off-road clearance). So for now, I've decide to keep it for a bit longer. The winter coming up, if there is a big snow or blizard, what fun can I have without it?
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

There is only one thing that would make me get rid of mine. The absolute need of a longer bed. Ain't stretchin' it !
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Horsehammerr wrote:There is only one thing that would make me get rid of mine. The absolute need of a longer bed. Ain't stretchin' it !
Sounds like hitch&trailer time! :) 8)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

quickbiker wrote:Then, also, while I had it out, I forgot how much fun this thing is to drive. Then I also realized there is really no trucks out there that I would truely like, well, maybe one, but I don't have $50k for a new Dodge Power Wagon. That's about what I would have to get to have something equal (except off-road clearance). So for now, I've decide to keep it for a bit longer. The winter coming up, if there is a big snow or blizard, what fun can I have without it?
I'm happy you decided to keep it for now. I know what you mean about not wanting any other truck. It would be so nice to have a brand new Power Wagon or Wrangler, but as amazing as those rigs are, they're still missing something that our CC's have that I can't quite put my finger on.

My friend once asked me what my dream truck would be. Brand new Power Wagon? Wrangler? FJ Cruiser? Raptor? I just told him my dream truck was a S10 crew cab with a solid front axle. :thumb:
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

OK, it's for sale now, everything is fixed. I am really selling it now. Here's the Ebay ad
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

Sad to see it go.
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Sniff sniff. Was a tough decision. Somone got a really nice deal. They will be picking it up this weekend. :cry:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Letting go of mine was hard too. Maybe they will show up here? You never know.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Well, it did find a good home. He says he has a 500 acre farm in WV and will be using it for beer hunting, etc. At least it will be leading the life it's meant to have!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Awesome!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Congrats! We all understand how priorities change.