CC resale value

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

CC resale value

Post by paintballrocker »

It pains me to say it, but ive been considering selling my CC to get a more gas efficent vehicel. But im lost on what to price it as and was wondering if i could get some honest opions here. Kelly Blue Book says my CC is valued at $6200, but i think i could get more cuz of the mods i have done. Ill just list everything and hopefully someone can give me an pricing estimate.
2002 S10 Crew Cab
146,000 miles (i bought it from the first owner at 135,000)
All stock options
Bedliner
Soft Bed cover
towing package
New parts; battery, alternator, front hubs/bearings, brake pads all around, windshield wipers, sway bar bushings

mods:
window vent shades
cat back dual exhaust, magnaflow muffler, 2.5" main pipe, 2 3" SS tips
Metal engine n tcase skids
slight tbar crank
30" hankook M/t's, put on new in October 2009
rear D shackle hitch reciever
Alpine headunit
Rockford 12" sub n box
Kenwood amp

any opions on what to price it as id apprieciate the input.

thanks
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: CC resale value

Post by HenryJ »

Kelly Blue book is geared toward Dealers. NADA is the lenders tool. Edmunds is a more honest pricing guide.

Pull all the mods and sell them separate. They are worth nothing on the vehicle. Even pull the hitch since a tow package was not offered, the book price will not add for it. All those new parts are not going to add to the price either as they are seen as normal wear items for the mileage.

Be patient, clean it up and look for a local seller that will fall in love. That will be the best you can do to get $$ out of it.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Strip it and sell us the parts then sell it....
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I would suspect you would be looking at no more than $8K private sale, less as trade and as stated before the mods will add nothing to mix. Sell the sub/box, shackle hitch and skids separately. At that point look to see how much the new ride would cost vs how much you will save in gas. If you have the crew paid off it will take a lot of money to break even if you are looking at a new car.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Hey Paintball... PM me if you are serious about selling. I have a guy here in my NEW hometown that was admiring my CC and asked if I knew of any that was for sale... Don't know how serious he is, but I will pass on the info and "maybe" help you to get it done.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

pm sent. thanks!!
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]